Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay heres the deal. I have an 98 ex with a y8 with 90k miles. I want to boost it to be a daily driver but be able to whoop sum ass and maybe take it to the drag once in a blue moon. My horsepower goals are around 250. I have been researching ALOT and saving money, I found that the most popular turbos are the t3t4 hybrids. So i decided I'd start saving for that( college students don't make much). Recently my buddy offered me his t25 for 40 buks!!! Theres no shaft play, spins great, and the fins are perfect! He took off his bro eclipse because he got a bigger one. What I want to know ( I know the t25 is smaller than t3) is can the t25 get me to 250 hp? 40 buks is a GREAT deal but I dont want to have have to buy soemthing I may not be happy with. I also visited a volvo junkyard that said they can get me a t3 sumtime and hook me up. But that would mean the t3 would come off a car 1980-90 i believe, which equals an old turbo. the t25 came off a 97. What do i Do? Should I just get the t25? Sorry for the life story here haha Also i know that after 200 hp I'd have do internal work so I guess il save 4 dat 2

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
2,915 Posts
If you don't use the t25, I'll take it off your hands. :D

If your goal is 250, honestly, you don't want that t25. You probably COULD hit 250, but you'd spend more than if you just bought a t3. t25s are great for 180-220hp, but no much more, and I hear that they wheeze out around 6500RPMs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heres what Im thinking. I buy the t25 boost with that...even 220 hp will be good and beat most cars on the street. Once I get tired, if i do, I upgrade the internals and upgrade to a t3t4!

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
2,915 Posts
heres what Im thinking. I buy the t25 boost with that...even 220 hp will be good and beat most cars on the street. Once I get tired, if i do, I upgrade the internals and upgrade to a t3t4!
Well, do some research. If I'm not mistaken, 150-160 for a throw together, 180ish if you do a good job, but 220 will take a good tune and well thought out kit.

But there are a few guys on here running t25s and they seem happy. Its the turbo for people who want NO turbo lag...

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
But there are a few guys on here running t25s and they seem happy.
thats because they have never ran anything bigger

sure fast spool is cool, but topend is the shit! run a t25 for a few months to get a feel for it, then swap to a t3 and you will wonder why you ever bothered with the t25. small turbos like the t25 suck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well its my first project so thats y im asking. Do you think I shud wait for a t3 from a volvo then? I just thot those would be too old. I do like the idea of short lag. I mean im just guna be driven to school and work.I'm thinking 200 hp is good enuff for me, but then again... lol... Thers an sti at the gym dat I hav no chance when we race.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay...so if i wait for the t3. It would come off a volvo from the 80's. Would dat have ne effect on the reliability of the t3?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts