Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curently hunting for a turbo for my built y8... Supertech pistons, eagle rods, heads built but breaking it in on stock cam until I go 272-2. My power goals are around 350 hp. I would like something that'll spool up relatively quick, solid 4k-5k full boost would be good. So I'm looking for something like .63 a/r and 50 or 57 trim.

I found a Garrett on honda tech, the guy is asking 365 obo. He told me it is a 57 trim .63 a/r, no in and out play just slight side to side. He sent me some pics of the blades, and I"d like to get some opinions on the condition. The blades are a little jagged, but I'm not enitrely sure if they are really too bad. He also said something about the nut being weird on the exhaust side, but he did take it apart at one point.

So what are your opinions on the price of the turbo and how it looks? I'm sure I could get it for 300 shipped, and size wise it seems like it is a t04e size. Size wise seems like it would be good for my setup and power goals. Here's some pics.

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
Its worth 360 used in perfect condition, I would run it, that wheel isnt to bad, someone didnt have a filter.

So 300 sounds likr a deal

·
Registered
838 Posts
Its worth 360 used in perfect condition, I would run it, that wheel isnt to bad, someone didnt have a filter.

So 300 sounds likr a deal
And lived by a beach, Sleeper has it right 300 would make it a better deal but nothing from the pics means you shouldn't look into making a deal.

Size wise it seems like it should spool okay and make the top end i need though right? Part number is 466159-5003. Seems like its a t3/t04e. Not that muh info out there on wheel sizes.
It should work out fine, and you will not know till you break it apart and start measuring.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
the bolt on the exhaust side is "funny" because thats where they shave the weight when balancing a turbo

looks to be in ok condision...at 300 its a good price i think 360 is too much with the damaged wheel(even though i dont see it affecting anything unless there are hairline crack that we cannot see)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally found some info on the turbo.

COMPRESSOR SPECS:

Flowrate: 50 lbs/min

.60 A/R housing

60 Trim whell

T04E housing 2-3/4" inlet 2" outlet

TURBINE SPECS:

.63 A/R housing

Stage 3 Wheel

- Supports up to 450hp

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just looks like someone dident have a filter buy it for 300 and run it at low boost for a few pulls just to be safe then turn it to your psi goal

·
Registered
Toyota AE82
295 Posts
Before you buy it find out what it will cost to rebuild it.
It is a ball bearing turbo that probably ran without a air filter.
I personally will not buy it unless it is on the cheap side to rebuild it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts