Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 hatch
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting my manifold coated after I get done making it and while looking for some copper gaskets I came across this.. FFWD - Exhaust Coating

I was thinking about doing the double layer coating and the price seems extremely reasonable. What are your thoughts on it?

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
I guess you could try it . . .

To me, it seems like more selling than really backing anything up.

It also seems strange that a top layer can make the base material withstand higher temperatures than it could without it.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
I detest their idiotic marketing cheese. They seem to do good work, though. I highly doubt that anything they do is super ultra secrat, though, but for those prices, I'd at least do the exterior of a header/manifold. The inside/outside coating would be most effective, and by effective I mean keeping heat in the exhaust gas. This will make more power, the question is how much. The other means of effectiveness is hugely eliminating radiated heat. Coating a manifold is one of the single best methods of increasing the reliability of EVERYTHING in the engine bay.

·
Registered
88 hatch
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a guy locally who will coat my manifold for 200. FFWDs prices do seem pretty cheap though. I plan on getting a blanket for my turbo and wrapping some of my down pipe. I'm also going to have to cut a hole in my hood since my manifold is a little too tall so that should help get some heat out of the bay as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts