Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts? I've seen a few sets floating around on ebay that have been reconditioned and shotpeened...

What about reconditioning my current rods? good or bad idea with about 100 grand on the motor?

I do not think that it is necessary to go all out and buy a set that requires the block to be notched for my particular build. If there is a decent aftermarket set that doesn't require a notch, I may be interested in that.

I'm not trying to be cheap, just economical in my approach. I do not think that 400-500 dollar rods are necessary for my build. If you think otherwise, please let me know. Then again, getting oem rods from honda would set me back more than aftermarket big hp rods :D

·
Banned
998 Posts
well for just 230hp the stock rods are near the limits..shotpeened will make it better and u would prolly have no problems at those limits... but aftermarket rods can handle what like 400hp+ and they dont have to cost 500$ buy them used or get them from ebay i believe has eagle h beams for less then 300$

i would immagine to get urs shotpeened and all that done will cost atleast 100$
and notching the block is very very easy

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll check into those fjt rods.
I called my local stealership and they wanted 133 bucks a piece for oem rods! I just about sharted my pants!

Thanks for the info thus far! I've got some time tonight, I'll have to check up on some options!

·
Banned
998 Posts
I'll check into those fjt rods.
I called my local stealership and they wanted 133 bucks a piece for oem rods! I just about sharted my pants!

Thanks for the info thus far! I've got some time tonight, I'll have to check up on some options!

yep oem sucks if u are trying to save cash.. i love when people try to build an entire oem engine and come up with like 3k for a stock motor build

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
yep oem sucks if u are trying to save cash.. i love when people try to build an entire oem engine and come up with like 3k for a stock motor build
Yea I saw a guy with an all OEM B16 wanting like 3grand. People just laughed. He ended up selling it for like 1700.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts