Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Thats sounds like a pretty good deal for what you're getting. The 8:1 compression is really low for a JRSC, but it'll make tuning much easier. Ideally, the supercharger setups like around 10 to 10.5:1 compression. If the dyno numbers are accurate, some decent driving will get you into the 13s easy on drag slicks. However, if you're car is fully loaded, with big amps and speaker boxes, etc... you'll want to ditch some of that weight when you go to the drag strip.

The water injection will lower the intake temps, but you need to tune for it, and run it all the time with the correct tune. Without tuning for the water injection, you'll run cooler, but lose power.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. Yeah it's just an all stock 2dr coupe, no subs or anything like that so there is no added weight in the car. This car will only be ran on the weekends, and on the highway (about a 2 hour drive) to the dragstrip to run. I'll have an extra set of wheels with the slicks for the strip so that shouldnt be a problem.

Yeah I think i'll hold off on the water injection for now until I buy the motor, get it installed and see how I like it. As long as I can break a 13 second i'll be thrilled.

Also what kind of header would be best to run with this setup for the best power? 4-1 or 4-2-1?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really? I didn't do a crazy amount of searching but it seemed like it was in the ball park range of where it should be. What would "decent" number look like with a vitara a JR supercharger build?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I was thinking that , the low ass compression woul be iffy. but hey seems like u have something going :) my questions is how did u yield 8.1 compression? was the head milled? any info on the headgasket etc?

·
Registered
604 Posts
If It were me i'd buy it and sell the SC.

The Block is already built for Turbo boost :bigok:

That is if he's not lying....
hmmmmmmm i like your thinking. Boost juice sounds more practical. i guess it boils down to what the car is being used for :3dtard:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I'll ask him how he figured the 8:1 compression, and info about the headgasket or if the head was milled and see what he says. He had a bunch of pics of the block opened up and everything, and it seems all legit. I'll be going to check it out this weekend and check it out good before I pull the trigger on it. Thanks for the responses.

Also I have thought about just buying the engine and selling the supercharger, then putting a turbo on it since the compression is already so low. I might actually do that. I would have to put it on Ebay or something because I read you can't even view the classifieds here without having 65 posts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I sent him a text and he said it has 8:5:1 compression and a cosmetic headgasket. Just thinking about it, wouldnt the eagle rods cause lower compression? I read that most rods will give you lower compression unless you get something like the custom FJ rods. Also it is a Z6 head on a y7 block so I don't know if that would make a difference in compression or not.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After more searching the 8:5:1 actually seems to be normal for a vitara/eagle build from what it looks like. So i'm not going to worry about it.

Yeah I think i'll sell the supercharger and turbo it to put some real boost on it. It's worthless to have a fully built engine bored .020 over and everything to be pushing less than 200whp and 8psi.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Alright well i'm just going to go for it. Hopefully it all turns out well and I will update once I pick it up and how everything looks. I'll also just post the Jackson Racing Supercharger on Ebay and see what it goes for, then I can start funding a turbo set-up so I can make some real power with this engine.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts