Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please,
I need some info about that particular camshaft... JG 301 Stage 3 camshaft..for a D16A6..is it a good option for a daily driver (with upgrading a valvetrain to a Supertech or Isky of course)...any commnets and suggestions are wellcome!
Thanks, Leo

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm, okay.
But can you tell me more directly, why?
Sorry if that's a noob question.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
maybe because you haven't listened to cam advice yet.

You just keep asking a new cam question every week it seems. The find something else and ask another question. Research (that mean using the SEARCH function) about JG in the past years.

You have TWO choices for cams. Bisimoto or Exospeed. You will not have fun daily driving a stage 3 cam, the Crane 251-0016 that I ran was a PITA....even though I got 53 mpg with it.

I could get a SBC with a .600" roller to idle better that the Crane beast cam....and by Bisimoto/Exospeed/JGE it is a mild cam.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No need to explain.....did a little searching...found out that it's a pretty agressive cam...maybe too agressive for a stock engine just with upgraded valvetrain and a daily driver.
Edit : just saw your awnser ....

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
if your buying from JG why stop there buy from GUDE also lol

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
i have given you info on what to try along everyone else its up to you to decide instead of backtracking move forward and decide what suits your needs the best. the cam you pick will be the foundation for the rest of your build remember that.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Get an obx cam.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
fuck that be a baller and get a custom made cam...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll be probably going with Exospeed stuff, he gave me a good offer, just waiting for some money now:):)...
Most of you don't understand how fortunate you are...beeing able to build and tune your car for less money....here it's a different situation, our standard is lower and the prices of parts are higher...

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
I'll be probably going with Exospeed stuff, he gave me a good offer, just waiting for some money now:):)...
Most of you don't understand how fortunate you are...beeing able to build and tune your car for less money....here it's a different situation, our standard is lower and the prices of parts are higher...
Wanna bet on that?????

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
just get a zex cam and be done with it.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
just get a zex cam and be done with it.
uhh its an a6 so no that wont work. you also can look into a delta cam, they are pretty cheap and decent

·
Registered
88 CRX Si
33 Posts
I have actually used the JG 301 cam, pretty difficult to keep a steady idle, but the power increase is pretty good. As long as you do the correct valve adjustment, the cam will perform. I actually talk to Javier, the maker of the JG cam, I've purchased a couple B and D series cams from him. Now, I'm not knocking the other cam manufactures, just stating my opinion of the JG cam.

·
Registered
my civic
780 Posts
hey if i wouldnt mind a ruff idle i actualy like it would a stage 3 cam with upgraded valvetrain of course with my d16z6 compression 10.5.1 scat rods head port and polished valve job exc.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts