Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys whats your opinion on the Skunk2 D series intake manifold for our cars?? I don't hear to good a review on them, anyone have one and can back this up?? thanks

·
Registered
92 Civic HB
395 Posts
I had one on my car and I liked it. The only problem I had with it is the IACV would hit the firewall at WOT. But other than that it was fine and added some mid to high range power over that stock manifold.

·
Registered
826 Posts
doesn't the skunk 2 mani take some torque away in the low rpms?

·
Registered
956 Posts
I'm not sure about losing torque at low rpm but I like my skunk2 im. the iacv is a bit close to the firewall on the 5th gen like mine but with a little modifications, it wasn't too bad. I'm gonna dyno my car next month and I'll post up the sheets. (dyno with a 59300 cam)

·
Registered
826 Posts
I'm not sure about losing torque at low rpm but I like my skunk2 im. the iacv is a bit close to the firewall on the 5th gen like mine but with a little modifications, it wasn't too bad. I'm gonna dyno my car next month and I'll post up the sheets. (dyno with a 59300 cam)
aight that sounds good man. im just saying that i've heard shadey things about skunk 2 manis. people have all noticed mid and high range power gains but its like a gray area on what happens to the low rpms

Reactions: Import Al

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
mine's been fine on the car. Put down 195 at 8.5psi with a greddy 15g kit and stock internals.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a OBX im (which is based off the Skunk2) implanted into my D16z6. I had to modify the cables and hoses to allow it to fit properly because it is wider than stock. I did not lose torque at lower RPM but I also had a Crower stage 1 cam in the head so I pushed with that more. For the cost and worth... IMO I'd say pass

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
ill be running a skunk2 IM on my new turbo setup. Im hoping it will help me in every little bit that it can on my goal to 300.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i agree with the blox comment. almost identical if not the same construction for a lot cheaper. The casting on the newer manifolds are improved over the 1st generation. The comment about losing torque...of course thats going to be true as your are effectively changing the "breathing" on your engine with a larger plenum and shorter runners which in turn changes your power band

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you guys recommend it for a my turbo setup??

Turbonetic Turbo
Turbosmart wastegate
Vortech Blow off
Vortech FMU
Precision Turbo & Engine Front Mount Intercooler
Crane Hi6 Ignition
Magnaflow Cat-back exhaust
Tokico blues with Skunk2 Coilovers
K&N filter

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
why do you have neg. rep?

I got it because i posted more then 1 picture of my car in the " The official: Post your ride thread...NO COMMENTS!!! READ 1ST POST!!!" thread. should have read the first post that says one pic only. You'd think the whole purpose of a " The official: Post your ride thread...NO COMMENTS!!!" thread is to post pics of the car. Go figure. Anyways thats why i have a negotive rep, cause i can't read.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
the blox manifold looks really nice for the price.

only reason i got the skunk 2 is because i picked it up for $130......so i thought, why not.

edelbrock has some nice manis also. i dont really think it matters.......blox would be my choice just because of the price difference.

the difference in manifolds will really come if you were to get a turbo manifold such as the victor x from edelbrock. but the performer x, skunk 2, and blox all have about the same length runners and about the same shape and size plenum. Notice, i said about the same, and with the smal differences, each will perform differently.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Your turbo setup is lacking management, an fmu is crap. YOu atleast need a hack like vafc or safcII or the neo. Or go standalone style by chipping your ecu. Thats just a good deal. Smart one too. And dont forget if you upgrade injectors you need a resister box.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your turbo setup is lacking management, an fmu is crap. YOu atleast need a hack like vafc or safcII or the neo. Or go standalone style by chipping your ecu. Thats just a good deal. Smart one too. And dont forget if you upgrade injectors you need a resister box.

Im more then likely going with Chipped P28 street tuned with crome and getting some precision 440 injectors. Do i need a new fuel pump with this setup, or will the stock one be able to handle it??

·
Registered
22 Posts
not worth the cost, IMO

$$ is much better spent on tuning
I also heard that the stock Honda intake manifold was good enough for most users. I have the stock intake manifold, but I don't have any turbo... at least not yet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts