Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are these good engines to boost? with h-beam rods, forged pistons and careful cam selection how much hp can they [email protected] the wheels on pump gas with proper tune?? and lastly .. i purchased a y5 shortblock for a steal.. can i use this with a y8 head and boost it???

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
11,260 Posts
are these good engines to boost? with h-beam rods, forged pistons and careful cam selection how much hp can they [email protected] the wheels on pump gas with proper tune?? and lastly .. i purchased a y5 shortblock for a steal.. can i use this with a y8 head and boost it???
When you say it was a Steal, How much is that? $20??

You can Boost if Of Course, but do some work to that Block so you can be safe Maximizing your Build's Hp.

Post Pics!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
actually less than that!!!!! and maybe i shouldve been more specific... the purpose of the question is im tryin to figure out whether to keep the d-series parts i have and boost it or run hc..... before twistin the first bolt .. iwas told the y5/7/8 blocks were known for oil starvation.... im not looking for an 11 sec. car just something that can handle its own against ludes,tegs,stangs,etc.... i just don't want to build something and have it blow up due to lack of information..

When you say it was a Steal, How much is that? $20??

You can Boost if Of Course, but do some work to that Block so you can be safe Maximizing your Build's Hp.

Post Pics!

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
hahahah lol
the kettel calling the pot.

your the one who actually responded to his post :doh:

Nope fast and the furious 4 is coming out soon
word..

actually less than that!!!!! and maybe i shouldve been more specific... the purpose of the question is im tryin to figure out whether to keep the d-series parts i have and boost it or run hc..... before twistin the first bolt .. iwas told the y5/7/8 blocks were known for oil starvation.... im not looking for an 11 sec. car just something that can handle its own against ludes,tegs,stangs,etc.... i just don't want to build something and have it blow up due to lack of information..
then you need to search. personally, i prefer the y7 head and block combo. namely, as you have deduced, since the y block has a weak oil pump. the extra oil used by the vtec system could be used for the rest of the oiling system.

haha!! DON'T HATE, APPRECIATE!! you were one too bruh!!
nope. before i joined, i did my research and learned from a few pros. no need to ask the interweb for info, when a local engine/performance builder is around the corner.

I have a quick question for you have you even lurked in the FI section past the first fucking page. You need to read every post on the first 5 to ten pages then you might be able to buy a clue. Because this fishing expedition is failing miserably.
:clap: :punk: :rockon: :closed:

did i use enough smilies? ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a quick question for you have you even lurked in the FI section past the first fucking page. You need to read every post on the first 5 to ten pages then you might be able to buy a clue. Because this fishing expedition is failing miserably.

alright fucktard!! no need to get vulgar here!! it was a simple question!! and if it bothers you that bad then jump off a fuckin cliff and we will all be happy!! i am not that familiar with the d-series and thought i was coming to the right place to get and answer... i guess i would if someone would use the site as a discussion forum instead of a pissing contest!!! so you my friend can go hide behind your cpu and put down the world ... as a final note .....
GO FUCK YOURSELF!!

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
think of this place as an archive for all the info you need to boost your car man. do you think your the only person who thought to boost your y8. dont get pissed off. seeing the same shit asked over and over gets old. if you would taken a min to look around you would had your question answered for you.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
GO FUCK YOURSELF!!
and you could have just ignored him. he was ripped into when he joined also. and i was the one flaming his ass. he took it in stride, just like you should have.

since you decided to add that last part (the part i quoted), i went ahead and neg rep'ed you for it.

enjoy your time here at d-series.org.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i do sincerely appologize and should have indeed shook it off... i'll take the lashin for it but bein an "experienced "person on this site i do think he couldve re-directed me in a kinder way .. thats all and again i do apologize to everyone else including the person in which the comment was directed to

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
ehhh im usually nice to n00bs i try to help

Ill go ahead and say your shooting for 250hp here
Bottom End
FJT custom length rods
Vitara pistons
Modified or Aftermarket and shimmed oil pump
Head
If VTEC:
Zex 105300 cam
3 anlge valve job
If non-vtec:
Bisimoto 1.2 turbo cam
3 angle valve job
Turbo setup
T3/T4 .50 trim turbo
Kit of your choice, its a matter of price and preferance

Your also going to need to upgrade the drivetrain with a new clutch and id use say a 12 or 13lb Flywheel but thats me. And a good tune is extremely vital to making safe power.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts