Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Sedan is Going to the paint shop soon. I was wondering what trim pieces you guys think i should paint

My Plan: Door handles, side trim , front and rear lip, maybe mirrors

Unpainted: Side skirts, obviously mud flaps, rear license plate section and mirrors depending

Pics

·
Registered
93 celica
323 Posts
The Sedan is Going to the paint shop soon. I was wondering what trim pieces you guys think i should paint

My Plan: Door handles, side trim , front and rear lip, maybe mirrors

Unpainted: Side skirts, obviously mud flaps, rear license plate section and mirrors depending

Pics

IMO i would leave the door molding black, paint the mirrors, get a new lip kit (front rear and skirts), get rid of that pinstripe and i think it would look pimp by tha way... what color are u gonna paint it?

·
Banned
Above
528 Posts
Red-Door Handles,Front,centre and rear lip,mirrors.
Black-Door bumper Guards,Rear licence Plate section (either way is OK),Rims,wiper arms.
Any rear shots?
I can't see the mudflaps but leave them black or remove them is better if practical.
Remove Honda emblem at front.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
probably respray of stock color. Was going to take care of pin striping during body prep/sanding. My moldings are nastified and dunno if i want to buy nicer looking ones, which is why i was leaning towards painting them

·
wise in the ways of the B
1,861 Posts
Ok. Leave the door moldings black, and I would leave the front lip, rear lip, and side skirts black. And the mud flaps black. Oh and the grill area on the front bumper should be black!

Everything else- paint red.

Like this VVVVV

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I say leave everything the color it is right now...just ditch the pin stripe...

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pin strip will come off during sanding/body work. The side moldings are like destroyed (they look much better in photo's then real life) and i dont feel like buying new ones.

·
Registered
93 celica
323 Posts
pin strip will come off during sanding/body work. The side moldings are like destroyed (they look much better in photo's then real life) and i dont feel like buying new ones.
DIY the door moldings... tape off the car sand prime n paint they'll look great and its easy

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
just paint the car man sand the moldings down lightly to get them even and paint them black then clear coat them, leave the mirrors black and the doorhandles and the rear licence plate thinggy

·
1,861 Posts
Don't do that^. Cake has no taste. :p

·
1,861 Posts
Holy shit. Jimmy was right about something! :shocked:

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts