Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so heres the scoop.. i have a straight 2.5 exhaust witha muffler. my cars pretty loud. now i havent been hassled by the police yet. but what i dont understand is. theres a few guys that roll around in boosted hondas with a 3 inch open DP and they dont get bugged either. ive asked em why and they say they dont know. listening to it its loud. but not crazy.. maybe cuz it dumps under the car.

so im wondering. how many people out there have the sack to do this. and have you been caught yet? :rockon:

·
Registered
95 integra
504 Posts
i did it for about a month in my boosted teg never got messed with. it seems loud in the car but i let a friend drive it by me and it wasnt very loud outside the car.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i did it for about a month in my boosted teg never got messed with. it seems loud in the car but i let a friend drive it by me and it wasnt very loud outside the car.
exactly..

its funny how mucha turbo muffles a car :rockon:
i may fabricate myself an open dp and see if i get any gains from it at the track... just for shits and giggles

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
My car is FUCKING LOUD with my 3" OD. Other turbo hondas around here are not nearly as loud as mine and I can't figure it out either. It dumps beneath the car as well.

·
11,892 Posts
^ Mine was just as loud with a 2.5" OD.

·
11,892 Posts
oh ya I believe it..... funny thing is I rolled like that for 6 months then got my exhaust made and put on....then got pulled over that night for my car being too loud??? um lets just say it was quite as can be. weird

Ya that happened to me once. saw the cop on the highway and rolled past him in neutral...pulled me over because "I had a taillight out (BS!!!!)" then proceeded to lecture me about my "exhaust" and let me go. I bet he felt like an ass when I finally did pull away though, lol.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
exactly..

its funny how mucha turbo muffles a car :rockon:
i may fabricate myself an open dp and see if i get any gains from it at the track... just for shits and giggles
Make sure to tune for the open dp. The air/fuel ratio will change from open down pipe to having a full exhaust. I have a 3" Electric cut out for mine that I never put on because it will change the a/f ratio when it's opened.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
the a/f will only change when your turbo starts to spool. because it spools up a little faster, but once it hits full boost, it should be good to go, so just tweaking the tune down low will be good..

i run 3" OD for about a year.. acually mine exits right in from of the driver side tire out the side ;-). ive been stopped one time leaving a redlight, but he let me go, after i told him i was on my way to autozone right now, due to my muffler just falling off hahaha and he believed me.. but i dont have to worry anymore, since my car doesnt see the street anymore.

·
Registered
146 Posts
i ran a 3" open downpipe with a ramhorn mani on my lsvtec integra for about a year and a half. got stopped once or twice, just told em i hit a sewer and my exhaust broke.

now i have a 2.5" open downpipe coming off an 18g on a greddy manifold on my d16.

Both smell like gas in the car all the time, i dont mind, but my gf says she can smell it on my clothes all the time even when i dont notice it.

i guess it was the ramhorn or maybe the way the pipe was routed, but right now my car sounds like shit, but spools fast. the setup i had on my integra had a unique sound, i really liked it.

But best of both worlds is the setup i have on my civic currently. 2.5" open downpipe when my throttle body exhaust cutout is open, and when its closed it runs through the stock exhaust. silent but turbo takes forever to spool and it makes no power.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts