Honda D Series Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
1,547 Posts
Wish I would have just posted a picture here when this happened on that 8th or 9th I did. I instead took 6 hours taking shafts back apart and putting them back together trying to find out how I faked up 😅

·
Brokedick Millionaire
56,896 Posts
It takes most people three hands to drop the shafts back in, I have no issues most of the time. Get them wedged in there like the last picture and you'll need a hammer to get the shafts/forks out. It gets easier after the 500th time.

·
Registered
00 EJ6 boosted D16Z6, 99 EJ6 bone stock, 04 Ram 1500
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thank you for the replies everyone, I figured it would take a few tries to get it right.
shift arm A is not into the shift forks properly....

it figures, I was looking on the wrong (interlock) side...

Reactions: drtalon123

·
Registered
00 EJ6 boosted D16Z6, 99 EJ6 bone stock, 04 Ram 1500
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
so I was able to pull the shaft/slider assy out, no hammer required, just pull and jiggle.
neither the shift rod or shift arm shaft moved, here is a pic of shift arm C, seated in shift arm A.

is it supposed to be different?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
56,896 Posts
My diagram has them labeled different. Interlock and shift arm B in your diagram. I need to check my manuals, I know Helms has mislabeled things before.

Having been invited to another podcast I'm looking to start filming some of my tricks/hacks. I'll have my son do the editing/posting to YT :)

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI, 95 Civic HB CX
2,655 Posts
My diagram has them labeled different. Interlock and shift arm B in your diagram. I need to check my manuals, I know Helms has mislabeled things before.

Having been invited to another podcast I'm looking to start filming some of my tricks/hacks. I'll have my son do the editing/posting to YT :)
Bitchin!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts