Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
stuck nitrous solenoid, then trying to refire the motor with a WOT switch for the first stage.

Blew the carbs off....true "danger to manifold!"

The drivers son was who was on the passenger side. He dove back in the shut off the bottles and get his dad out. He got burned when the fire was blown back into the car by the fire bottles through hole in the windshield.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
thats crazy... seems like once he turned the bottle on and he purged you can hear the motor start revving up till it died thats nutty man fuck nos lol :)

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
soleniod was partly stuck open, causing the motor to stall.

When he tried recranking, he went WOT (flooded condition) which engaged the first stage of nitrous, you can see it coming out the hood scope......then KABOOM!

When I saw the first video and noticed the nitrous coming out of the scoop....I backed away from the screen.....I knew it was gonna be ugly.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186133

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
sometimes nitrous can bite you in the ass like that. wow what a blast

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
this type of stuff makes me stray away from nitrous. Its pretty volatile and violent stuff.

·
Registered
Accord
1,794 Posts
What a blast! Parts were raining from the sky. The part that threw me off was no one scrambled to power down the car until when the announcer said "turn the power off"!!! WTH? Aren't these the pros. I understand they were trying to save the driver. I know it doesn't take but 1 to turn the switch. In the video one guy is pulling him out from the psngr. size, the other is tugging from the driver side, and the rest of crew running to and fro.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
Scary stuff. It's a good thing no one was hurt even worse. That blew up hard! I actually got hit in the arm by a golf ball sized piece of a top fuel motor at NED. I was standing on a hill at the finish line. The motor blew at the 1000' and the piece hit me as he passed by. It would have killed me if it had hit me in the head. Race spectating can be dangerous too ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.