Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been a member of this site for a long time, but i just started getting back on lately when i bought a tired 91 DX crx. i converted it 5speed, did a wire tuck, repainted the bay, installed a fresh(er) d15b2/p08 mini me, and got an adjustable cam gear off ebay to correct the half tooth timing error. the one i got was an 3 spoke onsaku brand gear. looks like a good gear, BUT with the gear installed it rubs violently against the inside timing belt cover.

the problem is with the piece that goes between the head and the gear. at first i thought my engine was knocking horribly, but then i noticed the plastic shavings building up in that area. i think it was just the bolts sticking through too far. to fix this i just removed the gear and trimmed the cover where the contact was occuring. i didnt want to completely remove the cover, because it has the marks for aligning TDC, and it would look naked/exposed.

i just wanted to let everyone know that if you purchase this gear, you might want to trim the center section of the TB cover BEFORE you install everything. trying to save everyone some hassle!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
pretty sure that is the same brand of the ones i just saw on a customers car. The marks on the gears were waay off on his set. Sounds like a shitty product.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats up with people double posting today

the double post was an accident. i typed everything, and i got a pop-up saying my post was too short for some reason. i refreshed and hit submit again and it went thru the way it should have.

if the marks were off on his gear, then i would agree. shitty product. mine however was right and seem to be holding up fine. for the price i paid, it was worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts