Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
I would put my money on cables before fade and/or balance. If it was the fade or balance it would be affecting a pair of speakers.

Some amps have some settings (gain, cut off, etc.) on them as well, but I feel those would have a more pervasive effect (at least a pair of speakers). Good luck ... I find electrical particularly vexing as well.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
I have the same problem on the passenger front of my eg8 but I have the stock deck and pioneer speakers in the front. Sometimes it works without a problem, most of the time its scratchy and a lot quieter. I haven't tried swapping the speakers yet to see if that could be it.

·
Registered
94 Civic Ex Sedan
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I got the Knukonceptz kit actually! its working fine. It only came with one set of RCA cables though... so I got a set off Amazon and those were the ones that suck.. :p

Thanks guys!

These are the RCAs I got (IMBAPrice).. beware.. not too good for car amplifiers IMO. link to RCA Cables: click here

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Knuconceptz is tha shit! I may pick up their new battery terminals! Glad you got it fixed

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Those are similar to the A/V cables we use at comcast. That's what I used on my car

·
Registered
94 Civic Ex Sedan
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, they had excellent ratings on Amazon. But they don't connect good to my Alpine amp I have to wiggle them to get a connection which hasn't been lasting.. so more wiggling when it stops working.... Lifetime Warranty... so maybe I just got bad cables...

Thanks Guys!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts