Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
first of all i think you mean the d16z6 right?
and second try that little guy up top called the "search button". lots of info!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
first of all i think you mean the d16z6 right?
and second try that little guy up top called the "search button". lots of info!
no it`s jdm d15z6 1.5 vtec (economic) 115hp
i used search but don`t find usefull info how get REAL hp

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
if its the vtec-e you only choice w the cam would be regrind but i/h/e maybe hc pistons.....but headswap would be good

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
if its the vtec-e you only choice w the cam would be regrind but i/h/e maybe hc pistons.....but headswap would be good
Im thinking the ame thing, head swap would be the best if your not wanting turbo. You could spray, but its just up to you. The basics are your options.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im thinking the ame thing, head swap would be the best if your not wanting turbo. You could spray, but its just up to you. The basics are your options.
what i can expect ? from hp? from fuel usage? what choose?
in basics intake /ex i have a lotof experience but now i have honda were some parts from other engines are replaceible... mayby be good choise to get camshaft ? from witch head? cam gear? i about this thinking, and don`t have usefull info:) so welcome your oppinion

sorry for my english:)

ex will be 4-2-1 no cat -free flow
intake ill think to port stock mainefold or replace with some aftermarket
CAI
thinking about external coil (msd)
cam gear

any ideas what can i expect ? what change?
will be nice to meet someone who have this engine in project:)

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
OK let me see if I can understand and reply to what your askin. A DC header 4-2-1 with a highflow cat and catback exhaust or homemade. With the blastercoil, no you wont need it. Ive seen 450whp civics with stock igniton. As far as the head goes, go with a z6 or y8 and wire up vtec. The cam gear would need to be an AEM, cam would be for the z6(59300) or y8(105300) zex, I guess thats about all. Oh intake mani. Go with skunk2. If your doin a mani go ahead and change out the TB or it wil be pointless, made that helped a little.;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
OK let me see if I can understand and reply to what your askin. A DC header 4-2-1 with a highflow cat and catback exhaust or homemade. With the blastercoil, no you wont need it. Ive seen 450whp civics with stock igniton. As far as the head goes, go with a z6 or y8 and wire up vtec. The cam gear would need to be an AEM, cam would be for the z6(59300) or y8(105300) zex, I guess thats about all. Oh intake mani. Go with skunk2. If your doin a mani go ahead and change out the TB or it wil be pointless, made that helped a little.;)
thanks,

how more questions :)

will fit a
HONDA D16Z6 1.6L SOHC VTEC - 1992-1995 CIVIC EX. 1993-1995 DEL SOL SI - XR SERIES
from
http://www.zex.com/Products/Valvetrain/HondaCamshafts.asp
or thisone: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-...tegoryZ33614QQihZ006QQitemZ160077252080QQrdZ1

my civic is 98 1.5

or elese from this site?
i only want install this and cam gear or need other mods?

biggest problem is that d15z6 is very rare :(

·
Registered
56 Posts
not in europe the aint i have one lol thanks though your thread has givin me some good idears NOS and turbo are a NO NO for me

full buddy club exsuat system
inlet mani SKunk2

few other bits n bobs once i find some

but if you need any parts for your d15z6 give us a shout i work in a parts garage/ engine tuning place so i can get pretty much anything you need for the Z6 that is out for it

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
thanks,

how more questions :)

will fit a
HONDA D16Z6 1.6L SOHC VTEC - 1992-1995 CIVIC EX. 1993-1995 DEL SOL SI - XR SERIES
from
http://www.zex.com/Products/Valvetrain/HondaCamshafts.asp
or thisone: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-...tegoryZ33614QQihZ006QQitemZ160077252080QQrdZ1

my civic is 98 1.5

or elese from this site?
i only want install this and cam gear or need other mods?

biggest problem is that d15z6 is very rare :(
Both cams will work but try ebay for the zex cam. I got mine for like 200. Zex is a better brand then OBX.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
is it a d15z6 or a d15z1. that is our vtec-e motor. and i believe if you put a z6 head on, you get stuck with crazy low compression

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi, just my first message ;)

D15Z6 it's an EDM vtec-e. 9,6 cr,good MPG, and a fairly BIG cam (not the economic one ;))

U'll be doing about 130 hp to the crank with just an exhaust header and some good fuel tuning (you probably have an odb2,so get some piggyback unit or odb1 conversion).

Hope it helps! If you want some dyno sheets, i've got two making 130 at the crank, just ask for it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi, just my first message ;)

D15Z6 it's an EDM vtec-e. 9,6 cr,good MPG, and a fairly BIG cam (not the economic one ;))

U'll be doing about 130 hp to the crank with just an exhaust header and some good fuel tuning (you probably have an odb2,so get some piggyback unit or odb1 conversion).

Hope it helps! If you want some dyno sheets, i've got two making 130 at the crank, just ask for it.
waiting DYNOOOS pylx (@) takas.lt
Thanks!
they are with exhaust and piggy ? or more mods?

i want 140 hp - will be quite fast for me :)

exhaust header i already had at home / so next week i install all free flow system
cold air intake - is arriving
new wires are underhood :) maybe iridium plugs? any REAL gains?
intake header - what i can expect from it? (in hp?)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
not in europe the aint i have one lol thanks though your thread has givin me some good idears NOS and turbo are a NO NO for me

full buddy club exsuat system
inlet mani SKunk2

few other bits n bobs once i find some

but if you need any parts for your d15z6 give us a shout i work in a parts garage/ engine tuning place so i can get pretty much anything you need for the Z6 that is out for it

have you a project ? with d15z6? or just turbo :D becaus in our county are some turboo d15z6 (200-220hp)

·
Registered
same^^^
678 Posts
Can you go out and check what the code is on the cyl head above the exhaust manifold? Like this:

I'm curious if it's the small port/small valve setup out d15z1 has, or if it's a large port/large valve setup like our d16y5.

Worst case, you've got the small setup, and you'd need another head. But then, if it's the small setup, it's got a very small chamber, and honda designed a large dish in the pistons. This means that going to another head, even the d16y5/d16y8 head, will net you lower compression.

Best case, you may have a larger camshaft than me and can send me one!!! (please??)

-josh-

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi, the dyno's, i'll email it to you though

AMKrew : on the D15Z6 it says P2J-2, don't know about the chamber desing, tell us a bit more plz!!

By the way, on the honda manual says:

D16Y8 Primary 36.778 Mid 38.274 Sec 37.065 Exhaust 38.008
D15Z6 Primary 38.427 Sec 32.292 :TD: Exhaust 38.784 (bigger!)

They've got also a CAI or some similar system.
And i don't think new wire iridium plugs will have any power increase, IMHO.

This one is without having a good fuel tuning (they havent a wideband :() They set the vtec point arround 4200 (well... u can tell from the torque graph ;))

1 - 20 of 103 Posts