Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... im a noob with boost.. if you lift the head.. do you have to get teh head shaved.. or can u just replace the hg??

thanks

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Depends how bad it is...i would assume you just need to replace the headgasket...but if it overheats and warps the head you need to get it resurfaced...just get arp head studs and dont worry about it...

·
Registered
see above
4,259 Posts
the reason you get your head milled is to compensate for the warping that occurs during over heating, if you think that your head bolts have stretched and you have lifted your head with out overheating, there is a good chance you can just get a new hg and studs, tq them the the oem specs. or the tq specs of the arps if you get them and be fine, you just want the mating surfaces to be level thats why people mill the head.
*they also mill for higher compression*
damn 1 minute posts =). beat me to it.

Reactions: siregcivic

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i put a cam in it.. and on the way to get tuned it detonated i think and the headgasket started leaking... it has bubbles in the radiator all the time.. but i never ever let the temp guage go over halfway i would just shut it off and fill it up with water...

i can get arp's but i need 8 z6's and 2 y8's so ig otta buy 2 sets or some shit like taht.. im using the z1 block and y8 head.. thanks for the help.. ima try to jsut replace the hg so i can go run the 1/4 mile track at fontana saturday:eek:

·
Registered
see above
4,259 Posts
make sure you tq them head bolts to the specs. and with that set up i dont see why you would have lifted. or are you turbo?. you did say you were a noob with boost. i dont konw if that was a specific or general knowledge question.
ah. reading owns me..
lemme guess 92-cx d16z6 turbo?

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea its boosted 92 cx d15z1/y8 head 14-15 psi t3 .42.48 dsm 440cc

the funny thing is.. it was fine until i put the cam in.. after i put the cam in i was going to get a retune but i kinda got greedy with it on the freeway and it felt like it was missing a little.. but i think it was detonating.. idk ima pull the head tomarrow prolly and see whats up..

·
Registered
see above
4,259 Posts
what is your fuel management?

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
uberdata chipped p05 to p28 spec vtec at 4500 fuel cut 7200 dsm 440's resister box

·
Registered
see above
4,259 Posts
at 14 psi on a smallish/med turbo? t25 15g?

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
saab t3 .42. 48

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
detonation, the cause of d-series "headlift".

call up arp maybe they will sell you single studs for your setup since you said you need one or two from a different set.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks.... well.. im pretty much done screwin around with putting together setups that may or may not last.. im gonna start tearing apart my spare block and hopefully when i get my tax refund ship it off to my tuners to get darton sleeves bored to 77mm and decked for a good price

im just gonna build a motor hopefully the block doesnt cost me more then 2300 with everything... ill run a stock head and be happy with 250-300whp until i get some headwork.. but well see in the next few months

anyways.. thanks for all the help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts