Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so if some of you guys didn't know I was in the process of rebuilding my h22 because of a bad headgasket, but found out the crank needed work, two bent exhaust valves, and the valvestem seals were shot, so I got it completely rebuilt. we got it in the car and after getting the oil pump primed up and started it the car is idleing at 3000rpm.

so i bled the coolant and it came down to 2500rpm however we tried unplugging the iacv and it dropped the 1500rpm and really jumped. so would anyone beable to help me out on this one? I cleaned the iacv and it worked fine before the build

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
any vaccum leaks? Any CEL's?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
didn't have any starting fluid so i couldn't search for a leak, but the only CEL that came on was when i removed the 2 wire plug on the IACV to see if it changed. could this possibly be a simple vacuum leak problem

·
Registered
721 Posts
its likely a vacum leak, did you make any adjustments to your throttle linkage? Maybe you hooked up a vacum line wrong. Could be a few things but its not a HUGE deal, it can be found with some hunting. Start with checking all your vacuum lines

·
Registered
639 Posts
check vac lines for sure.. make sure you didn't miss any.. especially in the area of the vacumm pot for the butterflys!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright well i checked all the lines and its fine, but when i pulled the manifold off, I discovered the machine shop didn't scrape off the old gasket. so i just scraped it off put a new gasket on and now she idles perfect.

·
Registered
whatever runs....
2,927 Posts
alright well i checked all the lines and its fine, but when i pulled the manifold off, I discovered the machine shop didn't scrape off the old gasket. so i just scraped it off put a new gasket on and now she idles perfect.
wow! that totally sucks that they would be so careless with a build...I'd question all of their work now....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts