Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i just got this turbocharger. Its almost new,and basically it cost 600 eek,so it is about 600 Estonian kroons = 56.3358 U.S. dollars. So good price :D
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT15/GT1544_454083_2.htm

From this info it should be perfect for a little extra hp. But could anybody tell on what rpm it should start blowing some air into engine?

It goes on a ew3. Its a 1.5 mpfi,from 1987.

thnx

Weird thing is this that as soon vacuum losts,wastegate opens. At moment this isnt on a car and wastegate is open ???

Lays next to my bed :D

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
i am gonna guess at idle with that small thing.....

i would say around 2000-2200 it is building boost, full boost by 2800-3k

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes i have thought about that,it will max out soon. But mostly it´s a DD. And low rpm torgue is needed.

But tiny is right word. One friend is boosting his vectra with Garrett M27,and its huge when they two sit side by side :D

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
dadaaaaayyyuuuummm...thats a small mofo...you need two of them shits..lol

·
Registered
595 Posts
Gt15's....Off a VW Tdi by anychance?
I seem to remember someone using one of the larger Gt17's on a 600cc single seater racer in the UK.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Gt15's....Off a VW Tdi by anychance?
I seem to remember someone using one of the larger Gt17's on a 600cc single seater racer in the UK.

No,its from Opel. But yes,a diesel engine.

No twin turbos :D. damn guys,it first project. Later at 2008,or start of 2009 little plan to buy d16 and do it correctly. In Estonia ,we have only few turbo civics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts