Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys whats up? i was looking on ebay and they had a whole kit for like 900 bucks turbo/fmic/all piping and brackets everthing. The only thing was its a t3/t4 it said that the spring was set at 7psi. Would i be better off with a t25 witch will spool fast and is great for a motor that has no internal mod's done or the t3/t4 witch is only set at 7psi? Will the d16 spool the turbo fast enough or?

Thanks any help is great.

·
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme
3,203 Posts
be careful with the SSAUTOCROME or XSTURBO units... do a search on those names...

But, to answer your ??, yes, I think a T3 or T28 would be better, ecause you aren't in boost as soon. The T25 spools too quick for me, you are in full boost at like 2500 RPM's, or somethin.... And they fall off at the top...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea it was the ssautochrome kit im reading up on them here and they sound like they suck real bad better to get the parts ur self and make a kit or juss buy a better kit i heard the manifolds on the ssauto' kits crack and everthing. yea i guess i will see if i can come by a t3 or t28 i want something that is gonna spool at a good rate but not be fully spolled at like 2,500rpm's like u were saying thanks alot

D

·
0 Posts
If you've got $900.00 bux you could probably find one on another board w/ FMU. That's the route I've been going. Just make sure you do your homework. It would be easy to buy something that's already crap.

D

·
0 Posts
Mine's gonna be $700 too. Uberdata is what I use for fuel management. I figured I'd get into cheap, build a block and then start upgrading the turbo once my motor can handle it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dam im about to make a kit and all everone seems to do that and be fine. it seems like the way to go for 700bucks what did you guys use? turbo/fmic/...ect

D

·
0 Posts
Starting with the modified hf mani./t25 turbo/downpipe $350, custom bent 2.5" exhaust $80 local, 1g DSM BOV $30, charge piping bent at same shop $40, Stock injectors and pump @4-5psi. Wideband/laptop/chip burner $275. I'm picking up a FMIC soon, so maybe my build will be closer to $1000.00, but I won't be complaining when i smoke my buddies type-s.

·
Registered
369 Posts
for the $900 your seeing on e-bay its going to most likely be one of those two companies. Your best bet is either to piece one to-gether, buy a used kit if you don't mind saving cash, or get a used s/c for about the same price and its good to go on a daily driver. also you can spend about another 350 on the s/c buy an endyne 9psi pulley and 310 or 330 injectors. Thats your choice. Either option is better then that ssautoSh*T. :)

D

·
0 Posts
When you put it together yourself you know about it. You should have a good understanding of how your turbo functions by the time it's done and installed. I've also said this here before , that if you want 200+ hp or in the area, then you should know how you got there. Not to say I do, but if you don't know how to completely maintain a high performance vehicle you'll be one of these guys complaining about blowing a motor every 5k. Oh yeah and it's very rewarding. Next thing you know you'll be welding your own exhaust mani's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts