Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was on my way to work..... my hb has a lot of milage on it well when i was like 10 miles away on 275 going south to south st pete...well it started dying i had to keep pumping the gas to keep it running i ran it like that for like 8-9 miles the car was smoking a lot but it was raynning and i didnt want to stop well when i was about a mile or less from work it died a tow truck was drivin by at the same time and he stoped screeming that my car was on fire i got out of the car and looked at it it was the cat on fire he got a fire extiguisher and scuirt it 2 times and said is not going off instead of keep spraying it he left and told me to call 911 so i call 911 when i got of the phone the fire when out so now here come the fire dep. they get there check it out and say there is no oil around it so is all good and they leave i got towed to work. the car wont start and i hear a rubbing sound on the eng but it doest really sound like metal to metal. but on munday im going to start tearing in to it. i guess it could be a good thing i was planning on building an eng anyways but i was procrastinating now i got to do it? what do you guys think hapend?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
maybe it was that your cat got clogged and blocked the exhaust flow and thats why it ran like shit and got on fire.. take off the cat and see how it runs... was anything else burned or on fire?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts