Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 honda HX-07 STI
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I started on this site like most newbs scrounging for answers looking for advice on everything. But never considering the point of view, Guidance or suggestions given by race born and bred do it yourselfers. Do the research and double check to make sure of the validity. Inadvertently I caused a lot of people who wanted nothing more than to give guidance threw there experience coupled with a lil bit of ingenuity on my part ( Elbow Grease ) to see me as an wack job so thus I was the brunt of a lot of gurus annoyance . You see I wanted a quick answer and help without doing leg work. For that I was humbled. However now I understand what they were trying to do. And it was not them making asses of themselves it was I. I have been putting a lot of time in on my car lately. I ve dropped the trans 2 times now and along with the body work and knowledge attained In my trusty Honda manual and the information given on this site via the search bar has be a pretty solid wakeup call. The people on this site will give you advice and help accordingly. But they are not going to spoon feed you info that has already been given once just because your too lazy to do the research yourself. This is a shout out to all the bloody knuckled do it yourselfer gear head gurus out there I was trying to take advantage of. I humbly apologize to everyone I offended.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,931 Posts
I don't have any personal experience with you (that I remember at least) but it looks like you might have rubbed some guys the wrong way judging by the neg rep. In any case, I can appreciate your post and think that with that kind of attitude you'll find you way on to the right side of the line

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Welcome to d-series!

Those that seek to help themselves will find infinite resources here. They who want to be spoon fed everything but won't lift a finger to help themselves, they don't typically last long here...

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
One thing I think is most crucial to realize about the forum is that it will almost never make the decision for you, or get you off your ass to fix the problem.

Sometimes it doesn't even help!

I was fighting my car randomly turning off, I posted it, Eddcartes, the dude with the sig way to fucking long that closes errybodys threads, told me to put coke on the gas lines to find the leak. Others saying Dizzy, other saying Main Relay, ECU.

I didn't figure it out for almost a year after I had replaced everything. Turned out to be a chafed power wire to the under hood fusebox.

Hell a lot of times I will solve my own thread, or post info to contribute.

Haters still gonna hate, but I don't give a shit, because I am confident in my ability to come to a conclusion, making up my mind, solving my own issues etc.

I'd use this site as a resource of information, and a place to contribute it. I like to think those that have gained, will contribute back when they can.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
You have offended me with your lack of proper sentence structure/grammar.

I kid.

We all start somewhere man, glad you didn't get pissy and leave like a lot of the new booty did.

Everyone here is close nit, though some of us are thousands of miles away, it has never mattered, we are still here for eachother. You need the help, you get the help, that's the DSO way.

·
Registered
97 honda HX-07 STI
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You have offended me with your lack of proper sentence structure/grammar.

I kid.

We all start somewhere man, glad you didn't get pissy and leave like a lot of the new booty did.

Everyone here is close nit, though some of us are thousands of miles away, it has never mattered, we are still here for eachother. You need the help, you get the help, that's the DSO way.
Yea...I didn't figure the just above (Sentence out) until I started to Really tinker a bit and start making some stuff happen on my end. And I m really trying to work on my typo finger lol. I really appreciate the acceptance of my humbled apology. Thanks All

·
Registered
265 Posts
You never learned to ride your bicycle until you got on it and crashed a few times. Your apology, is well appreciated. It shows a leap in personal growth.

Crash the bike a few times and you learn through personal pain and scaring, that someone may give you advice, but only you can really figure it out when you put your nose to the grind stone and not accept failure as....acceptable. Great techs are those who refuse to quit, no matter the hour or the job.

Good on ya. I've been wrenching 20 years professionally, and still learn something new everyday. The tuning and building part was a great help with my growth, fully understanding how and why sensors do what they do.

Cheers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts