Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got an Omnipower 3 bar Map sensor as a b-day gift :) so i open crome and see its not in the list in boost tools. did a quick search but no body had what should be in the custom fields. I went to Omnipower's site and got there "generic directions" but the all were for scaller and crome is all in milbar i know picking one of the other 3 bars doesnt work as the car wouldnt even start. Now does this have to do with the last box the koeov voltage. what would be a good number or the correct # to start with as i know alot of you are running this map :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope, both car pops for a second then dies. when i put the stock map back in and redo the boost tools for the stock map fires right up.

·
Registered
685 Posts
sure it's a 3 bar? and not a 4 bar or something? cause that setting works for me in crome. i'm running a hondata 3 bar though.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I know when I change from a stock sensor to a gm 3bar i cant just change the setting and everything just falls into place life is not that easy. What I would do because im geto. Get it running on your old basemap idle record timing with a timing light. Pop in the new sensor get it ideling same spot you will probably have to tweak fuel to do this. Record timing with the timing light. This will give you an idea of how far off the scaling is with selecting ether gm 3bar or xeno 3bar.

If your really cleaver map trace timing with the old tune compare to new tune adjust map scaling to make timing match.

I know there's other ways by measuring voltage with key off engine off and voltage engine idle vacuum but I don't know how.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
package says 3 bar, but no way to tell for sure.

so nobody has run this map befor? or do but dont use crome? if i have to ill call omnipower and get them to help, just hoping some member would give me a base to start with.

fuse, i guess im lost on what you said lol i dont understand how timing it is going to give me the proper voltage for the map?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
fuse, i guess im lost on what you said lol i dont understand how timing it is going to give me the proper voltage for the map?
Ya Im a little lost to but lets say you have 16 deg with the stock map. Install 3 bar choose gm 3bar then your are at 27deg that 3bar setting is way off............Get it. If your back at 16 then its not to bad at idle at least. If you maptrace timing on the stock map then the 3bar that would tell you more.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, i think im kinda understanding what your saying.

Like tonight i was playing with crome and with data logging on i see at idle im at 32 degrees. So what i need to do is get the car running by adding fuel at the base of the map to get it to hold a some what idle and then play with the koeov voltage till i get to 32 and its idling good. am i on the right track? lol

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
ok, i think im kinda understanding what your saying.

Like tonight i was playing with crome and with data logging on i see at idle im at 32 degrees. So what i need to do is get the car running by adding fuel at the base of the map to get it to hold a some what idle and then play with the koeov voltage till i get to 32 and its idling good. am i on the right track? lol
Ya that will work for the lower columbs but not so mutch for the top columbs. Just log the crap out of timing with the stock map and old tune for a base line. Log the shit out of the new tune new map sensor. Its not going to be fun. As long as your timing doesn't go past your old timing log your fine. Then just retune fuel.

Just bug the crap out of omni for selling you that junk or trade it on craigslist for gm 3bar

1 - 10 of 10 Posts