Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 eg sedan
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone,

Application: 94 civic ex DD bolt-on d16z6/s20 (original 200k) Exedy Stage 1/Fidanza 7lb

My factory CMC started to leak so I decided to replace with the Omni Power unit due to good reveiws. Extremely happy with the results and would highly reccommend. I would say pedal travel is about 40% of original and much stiffer which I am really happy with. Took me a couple days to get fully used to the stiffness and shifting, but its been about a week now and I can drive normally. I bought a line wrench, dot4 brake fluid, new rubber hose and clamps for the resevoir to the cmc, and cotter pins (for the pedal). I would give it a 10/10.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Should of got the one for the S2K, free reservoir tuck lol. Keep a eye on your fluid level for the next few weeks. I have heard the first batch leaked badly after a few miles.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Should of got the one for the S2K, free reservoir tuck lol. Keep a eye on your fluid level for the next few weeks. I have heard the first batch leaked badly after a few miles.
i had one of the first omni cmc and it failed in 20 mins of driving testing it out......pedal went to the floor,no pressure at all even after trying to bleed it a shit load of times......

·
Registered
94 eg sedan
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish I had known about that. Do both have the same piston size? I've put about 200 miles on it and no problems.

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
The s2k one needs modified to go in.. it isn't much but its not a direct bolt on affair. I went with the wilwood unit from kens kustom chassis. Never had a problem with it and it did the same as you day yours did as far as pedal feel and travel etc.

·
Registered
94 eg sedan
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh ok that's good to know. I think I'm going to do the rc autoworks no slop shifter next

·
Registered
94 Del Sol si
489 Posts
Whats up everyone,

Application: 94 civic ex DD bolt-on d16z6/s20 (original 200k) Exedy Stage 1/Fidanza 7lb

My factory CMC started to leak so I decided to replace with the Omni Power unit due to good reveiws. Extremely happy with the results and would highly reccommend. I would say pedal travel is about 40% of original and much stiffer which I am really happy with. Took me a couple days to get fully used to the stiffness and shifting, but its been about a week now and I can drive normally. I bought a line wrench, dot4 brake fluid, new rubber hose and clamps for the resevoir to the cmc, and cotter pins (for the pedal). I would give it a 10/10.
I have one of those, it works great been running it two years, hard! I tried to buy one a few years prior, but the said they were having problems with it and they weren't selling them yet, that must have been the first run.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
I need to try one. Ive been threw 2 oem honda masters in 2 years. My clutch is fairly stiff but damn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts