Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so like its hella raining over here, and my car was outside and now i have a puddle in my trunk (there goes my custom recaro material enclosure n shit)...anyways, anyone kno how i could block all the gaps so no water gets through? is there like a generic weather strip i can buy and clue on? like ones not model specific?

·
Registered
67 Posts
do you have a sunroof.. if so, your drain tubes go down through the trunk area. check and make sure that they are still going through the drains in the trunk. also, the wheel wells SOMEtimes get leaks in them as well. first you most locate the exact source of the leak, its not always as easy as just a trunk seal. if you have to lock a friend in the trunk with aflashlight, run water over the top of the car to try and locate the leak..

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
so like its hella raining over here, and my car was outside and now i have a puddle in my trunk (there goes my custom recaro material enclosure n shit)...anyways, anyone kno how i could block all the gaps so no water gets through? is there like a generic weather strip i can buy and clue on? like ones not model specific?
I've been looking for a leak in my hatch for months, can't find it anywhere but everytime it rains theres a puddle of water back there. It's full time garaged now but it's annoying.

What about a a waterproof car cover for that ROTM?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know where the water is getting in from, its between the license plate holder thing and the tail lights...on both sodes...its like a quarter inch gap...home depot it is

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
summit racing has a shitload of weather stripping options.

now why is the car not in the garage Ryan? You shouldnt have it sit outside in the weather we are having.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its at my friend's shop, and he moved it outside so he can work on other cars cus mines done, i just didnt pick it up yet

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
I've been looking for a leak in my hatch for months, can't find it anywhere but everytime it rains theres a puddle of water back there. It's full time garaged now but it's annoying.

What about a a waterproof car cover for that ROTM?
Same leak here... Is it on the driver's side rear area? If so, I think I've narrowed it down to water getting in behind the taillights.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Also had water get in through the tail lights, replaced the weather proofing. Apparently it's quite a common leak on Hondas. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.