Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after I had class yesterday I decided it was time to boost the Si. Went out to the shop around 2pm (I know....late start but I had class). Everything seemed to be going smoothly until I started to mount the turbo. SSauto manifold (bite me, it was free) sits so far away from the block that it makes it impossible to mount the turbo so that the compressor housing is on the drivers side (which I later found out is a must in an ED chassis unless you're running a 1" downpipe). No big deal I thought. Flipped the turbo around, re-clocked it...done. Keep in mind that while I had a friend helping me out for a little while he mostly just handed me tools. Anyway, fast forward a couple of hours. 9pm rolls around and my friend is getting anxious to leave. So he left, and by this time all I have left to do is mount IC piping and figure out something for a DP.

Next let me say that if you are EVER wanting to save time on a turbo install the IC piping is where you need to look. I knew it was going to be a bitch, especially doing it by myself. At this point in the evening I feel like shit. I literally feel hungover. I'm nausous from not having eaten or drank much during the day and other than that, I am completely exhausted. I ended up taking a break for about 1/2 or so.

Fast forward, got the IC piping done. ED frontcross members+compressor housing on passenger side = teh suck. Hacked my DP up so I AT LEAST had a turndown of about 6". At this point it's like 3 am and I'm psyched but still feeling the same. Plump up the WG and boost gauge (which I later find isn't working b/c I think I hooked it up wrong) and go for a spin. WB is not hooked up yet so I only went it to boost once (felt good...lol). Came back to the shop and noticed a "trail" out of the parking lot. The trail is of course oil. I find out my feed line is leaking but I don't know where. I believe it is leaking out of a spare port on the block fitting that I plugged with a hex screw that came with it (I didn't realize until later that this was actually the case, I thought it was my drain line). So I threw some JB weld on the drain line (stfu it was like 3:30am. I'm going to get another pan and weld another fitting in). While I let the JB set I cleaned up the shop a little. 4:15am and I figure 45min is more than enough time to let that shit set 9Yes I looked under the car to see if there was still a leak but it hadn't seemed to gotten any more than it was but keep in mind that I am only wearing one contact lense because I have an eye infection in one eye). Take her for a spin again (again staying out of boost) everything seems fine, get back to the shop and again there's that trail. I checked the feed line and sure enough there's the leak. Fuck this I said so I cleaned up the shop as best I could but ended up leaving all of my tools, laptop, etc there. It's now 5 am and I just want a hot shower and a cool pillow and figure I'll worry about the leak tomorrow. Before I left I checked the oil level and added some and took some with me in the car.So I close the doors to the shop, head home, pull out the parking lot, go down the road, car dies....excuse me wtf? Start it up, sputters and dies again. Pull offf to the side of the road and try and get her started but to no avail. So here I am at 5;15 am walking BACK to the shop because I THINK I'm out of gas. Get back to the shop and get my buddy out of bed. It ended up taking him an hour to come and pick me up because he went back to sleep after I called.

Cliff notes:

Was up all night
Got the turbo installed but the car is currently on the side of the highway
Boost gauge doesn't work
< Hoping and praying it's just out of gas.

·
FF Misfit
4,881 Posts
Damn that sucks. Good to hear you have her boosted and good luck working out the kinks. :TU:

·
i save your ass when you wreck
6,693 Posts
damn man that sucks.. u get it all fixed yet?

·
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it was out of gas. Turns out one of the injector O-rings was chewed all to shit. Now I just have to fix the feed line because thsi thing won't hold oil for shit.

edit: That's all that's wrong as of right now...I imagine there will be more.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
this is a set up gone bad real bad get lazer surgery LOL

·
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this is a set up gone bad real bad get lazer surgery LOL
You know what cocksucker stay the FUCK out of my thread.

So I got the feed line fixed. She seems to be running good. I still won't be able to get my WB installed b/c I had to hack my DP up so I'd have a little something coming off the turbo. Um...I need a half rad so I can flip the turbo around. that way I'll be able to reweld my DP back in one piece and connect my wideband.

·
FF Misfit
4,881 Posts
You know what cocksucker stay the FUCK out of my thread.
:0wnage:

So I got the feed line fixed. She seems to be running good. I still won't be able to get my WB installed b/c I had to hack my DP up so I'd have a little something coming off the turbo. Um...I need a half rad so I can flip the turbo around. that way I'll be able to reweld my DP back in one piece and connect my wideband
Sounds like a plan. Keep us updated, :TU:

·
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update:

Well I got the feed line fixed. My car holds oil (hopefully it will stay this way...lol)...YAY!

I found one crack in my rad and I know there's another but I can't see it or get to it without taking the whole rad out because it's right under the top "lip". I had been losing coolant for a while so I guess I found the reason why. It's ok I need to order a half rad anyway for reasons stated above.

I am running 1 or 2 step colder spark plugs (I honestly can't remember it's been such a long weekend). Can anyone recomend a proper gap for FI? I think they're still a little to wide because I get a little break up under heavy load.

I think my boost gauge is off. 30 in/hg at idle, 20 in hg under heavy load. I know I am slightly boosting b/c I can hear the bov but I know I'm not boosting the 7 psi the deltagate will let me. This probably has to do with charge pipes / couplers.

Other than that she seems to be running pretty good.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Best of luck man, just take your time and go over everything a few times and it sounds like youll be good. Watch out for want-more-boost syndrome tho, its sneaky and expensive.

·
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Best of luck man, just take your time and go over everything a few times and it sounds like youll be good. Watch out for want-more-boost syndrome tho, its sneaky and expensive.
lol...at this point I have "just-want-boost-period" syndrome.:mikej:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Haha I know what you mean. Before I got my civic, I was driving a 90 buick century after driving a fe3 turbo probe. I had to suffer from a lack of boost for 5 years before I got another turbo car. That deprivation has definitely made me impatient.

·
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll see what I can do about pics guys.

Yeah harry it was out of gas. urns out one of the O-rings on the injectors was bad and it was leaking gas all over the place.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts