Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok i had some extra money left over and i want to do something but i was stump what to buy for the car so i decieded to finally take the block to the machine shop. so i got there very early in the morning. and started talking to the owner. he was so fucking cool. he ask me about my build so we talked about it. he was like it seems you've done extensive homework. i was like yeah alittle over 1 1/2 of it. then he was like well since it seems you be very patience with your build i'm going to help you and save you some money. he was like i'm gonna knock off $5-10 of everything you get except the blance. i was like it's cool. at the end of the bill it came out to $513 he knocked off like over $100. just by nickel and diming it. lol. so check what i'm getting done.

Vat clean - $40
Crank - $55(micro polish, check for stress crack, blah, blah)
overbore .020" and hone - $90
decked and square - $100
r&r pistons - $30
shot peen rods - $48
full balance - $150(i had to bring my flywheel, flexplate, every bolt to my connecting rods, flywheel, main and rod bearins, rings)
there's was a list of other things which he said i throw in for free(checking, cleaning, etc) and if he said if he could think of anything he would call me up and keep me up n the progress.

plus when i port my oil pump he's going to clean it for me for free.

on one footnote he builds motors for oval tracks and his motors are always in the top 10 and top 5 with 1 and 3rd place winnings. woo hoo i fucking excited.

here's my sexy passenger going to get a major make over. :p

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i told him i'll be back in 4 weeks since i know he's always busy with the weekend track stuff. he said don't worry it'll be done like in a couple of weeks. but we know how that goes. lol. i'll see it in 2 months. lol.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
yeeeeah! keep us posted!

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
no doubt edd. wait?! what are you talking about keep you posted i talk to you like almost everyday on text and the phone. lmao.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Good shit remo...to bad you couldn't get the machining done for free.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
So was this the same place as mentioned in the other build thread? I'd love to get my block tanked and bored over at those prices! Very good.

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
Sweet Remo! It's nice to get to know people before the work is done, that's how you get discounts. Good luck with it, I'm sure the finished product will be completely sick!

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Remo is on his way to having a great D setup.....

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks guy. yeah todd it's been a bit of a long time but it was after my first car was built half ass red neck style. i stated the next one will be done right the first time. so thats how come so long to get done and also delays among delays. dut i feel that this is the right time to get it done.

yes it the same shop i talked about name Valentine in Greer, SC.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
congrats bro. now the fun time starts. good luck with it. btw do you have verizon because im getting a cell phone :D.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
congrats bro. now the fun time starts. good luck with it. btw do you have verizon because im getting a cell phone :D.
sprint dave just text me and i'll call you morehead.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
Cant wait to get my D15b2 to the machine shop. When I got a flywheel resurfaced, I was pleased with the service, and told the owner that I'd be back soon with a block. The local shop has resurfaced a block deck for me before, did it real quick, properly, and inexpensive. Nice guys.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts