Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
same
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does being new to Hondas make me a n00b?
Does posting this message make me a n00b?
What exactly is a n00b anyway?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
n00b is a mindset.

Do you like to read? Do you have a thirst for knowledge? Are you opened to ideas that possibly conflict with common backyard mechanic mythology?

Is yes, then youre probably not a n00b.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
welcome. this site has so much knowledge buried in it. you should theoretically never have to ask a question. I've been here 5 years and have learned so much.

·
Registered
same
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Many thanks to all ye who have responded.

I have learned much in the last few months (new to EFI), have been reminded of much that hasn't been used in awhile, and applied all of that plus what I did remember to the top end rebuild that is coming to an end.

That pretty paint job you see in my album will stick because of what I learned in ten years of auto body work plus another twenty years of general experience in making paint stick to just about any surface available.

It is a reflection of what I have learned about airflow in 46 years of motorhead experience. I started at the throat of the TB and continued through to the tail of the 4-2-1 header. The best purchase I made for that was a rotary carbide cutter, but I also wore out quite a few 1/2" sanding drums and #220 wet or dry sandpaper (wore out my fingertips with the latter).

By luck of the draw I ended up with a ZC head (bought off a parts hotline). As part of the original purchase, I have a Z6 head with Crower springs and cam, but I'm saving it for my turbo motor. While waiting for parts I did airflow work on that one also.

I named the car ""Swamp Bug", which in my part of the country refers to a crawdad. It was an absolute pleasure to drive and I am looking forward to doing so once again, only now she'll have a little more muscle to play with.

I don't know about making "plugs" in this site, but if it's okay I'll give you the name of a product that is excellent for cleaning rust and steel.

Thanks again to all of you.

Rugger53

1 - 6 of 6 Posts