Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i know i will probably get flamed but is there anything i can do to a 1985 D15B2 non vtec motor to get more power . Can i do any internal swaps or a head swap and keep my carb?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Dude I don't know what the hell that engine is, but I'm building my 1.4 witch has less displacement and still is carbs. It makes 90hp stock but I'm hopping to get 120/130 (lol???)

I'm trying to figure out how much compression I can squeeze out of it with oem parts (p29's), and then I'll get a better flowing head.

I don't know if your block is the same as other d engines, But I don't see why not if you bump compression and get a good head/port job and cams.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you can swap the pistons rods block and head with any other motor or parts combo's and produce gains
i am very limited considering my car doesn't even use a ECU i would have to put a whole nother wireing harness in it to get a newer motor in it
my car is a 1.5 liter SOHC

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Like i said i'm rockin old Skool....Real old Skool i figured this is for the old civic lovers out there with the classic D series engines the thing would be finding someone who makes the parts . Don't get me wrong i love a good fabrication project but i am treading on new ground. I remeber my father talking about a old converter plate that would work for a 2 barrel carb to work on a 4 barrel manifold and if you turned it upside down it would adapt a 4 barrel to a 2 barrel manifold maybe with some fabrication i could rock a 4 barrel
http://www.carburetion.com/adapt/adapt2.asp

check out # 2065 is it possible to do?

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
no no no lol i could not think of a four barrel small enough that wouldnt drown your d series baby with fuel maybe a higher performance 2 barrel of around the same cfm flow rate... first you gots to uncork it, ebay header and local exhaust shop= friend then get a rebuild kit for your carb and tune it in,(or have an old hotrodder do it) probably make it a little snappier

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
ITB'S!!!!!

or in your case

ITC's!!!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Carb adapter, 32/36 or 38 weber downdraft, regrind your stock cam, rebuild and port your head and manifold, find or make exhaust header, 2" exhaust pipe with chambered performance muffler. Basic old skool formula minus the gearing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts