Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Wagovan
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i'm 17, got my first honda, old school '88 Civic Wagon FWD with a D15b2 in it, i want to swap the intake from dual point efi to multi point, just the intake, i dont wanna mess with the head yet, i figured i can run 2 fuel injectors per wire on the ecu, just have kinda have 2 'Y' lookin things as the injector wiring would be, i was told the log system was better then the top hat 'carb lookin' intake system, one thing though is i know everyone swap a 1.6 in, but i want to keep the same block, i'm not just doing it for power, i'm doing it for shit's n giggles, i'll be asking for more advice in the future, i'm starting on intake systems, i rigged a short ram intake out of a Weapon R air filter and a chunk of the original hosing, i know it needs cleaned up but this is my 1st rolling project, will eventually post pics, thanks for any help

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
so, i'm 17, got my first honda, old school '88 Civic Wagon FWD with a D15b2 in it, i want to swap the intake from dual point efi to multi point, just the intake, i dont wanna mess with the head yet, i figured i can run 2 fuel injectors per wire on the ecu, just have kinda have 2 'Y' lookin things as the injector wiring would be, i was told the log system was better then the top hat 'carb lookin' intake system, one thing though is i know everyone swap a 1.6 in, but i want to keep the same block, i'm not just doing it for power, i'm doing it for shit's n giggles, i'll be asking for more advice in the future, i'm starting on intake systems, i rigged a short ram intake out of a Weapon R air filter and a chunk of the original hosing, i know it needs cleaned up but this is my 1st rolling project, will eventually post pics, thanks for any help
Advice:

1) Use punctuation, it's a simple but effective means of helping us help you.

2) Click the link in my sig on how to search

3) Research "MPFI swap", then research it some more, and when you can tell me off the top of your head which plugs need to be swapped on the engine side of the harness reseach it some more!

·
Registered
Honda Wagovan
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the info and help, i've researched it a bit, but everything says i need a new ECU and frankly i can't afford it at the moment, I guess i oughta start saving money and pushing lawn mowers, huh?

·
Registered
97 civic lx
967 Posts
Do you have any basic knowledge of wiring or electrical current?

If your just a d15 fan, pick up a d15b7, wiring harness, and ecu. In all honesty, that shouldn't cost you any more than $100. I've already picked up 2-b7's this year with their harness's for $50. Nobody wants them, but I think there little gems in disguise.

But, anyways, putting a Y in the electrical wires splits the current. So your fuel injector will only open up half of what it should. If the car even ran, it wouldn't run well. Kinda like an 80 year old man. He's still kickin' it, but he ain't goin' nowheres fast.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i bought a d15b7 for 50 and a b8 for 30 last year.

the big problem i see here is that if you switch the intake to mpfi it has 4 injectors 1 per cylinder into each port of the head, splitting the wire to the 2 dpfi injector into 2 to run the mpfi injectors is not gonna work because the dpfi runs both injectors into the plenum and fuel is distributed to each of the 4 cylinders when the intake valve for that cylinder open it sucks the load of fuel. so if you hook it up the way you want all 4 injectors are gonna fire at the same time putting fuel into cylinders with closed valves and majorly flooding it out, this thing probably wont even run. the complete mpfi swap is pretty easy even with minor wiring knowledge some of the write ups are pretty straight foward

·
Registered
Honda Wagovan
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are the B2 and B7's all wired the same other then injectors? I've been pricing the PM6 ECU, i can find 'em for cheap, not $50 cheap though, and that's just the ECU, no wiring, if I can do this for $300 or less i will, all the work done by myself. @hatchaddict it sounds like you know what you're doing as far as these go, what all will i need, and aprox. how much will i need to do it, I live in a town of like 6000 people during the summer, even fewer in winter, so most parts will have to come offline. If you could point me in the right direction of cheap and reliable parts, that'd help alot, any help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
Honda Wagovan
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And the thing is I need to keep the same B2 block, the original engine, all 200,000 some odd miles

"i know everyone swap a 1.6 in, but i want to keep the same block, i'm not just doing it for power, i'm doing it for shit's n giggles"

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
I get most of my ECUs through the classifieds on this forum, though, you do not currently qualify for the classifieds.

You DO NOT want to try to swap in another wiring harness. Add wires to the harness in the car you already have. Almost EVERYONE who does a whole harness swap ends up having so many issues that it is faster, easier and cheaper to just add wires for what you need. (This is what I did when I did the one MPFI that I've done.)

·
Registered
Wagovan
773 Posts
I had a whole engine harness made. It helped sometimes, didnt sometimes. No wire splitting wtf! 4 injectors, 2 wires on each injector. Each wire goes to one ecu pin. Ill give you a hint. You'll be playing with ecu plug A the most. The pins numbers are not read across side to side either. up, down, over.

This shit is tricky you're first time around so ill give some extra help. See what I mean by pin numbering. And you also have to mess with you dizzy a bit. Lotsa research.

PS not everyone swaps a 1.6 in. I have a 1.5 D15b vtec. It will do the same thing as a D16z6

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
yeah not evry one swaps in a 1.6, i just pulled my z6 out to put my built d15b2 in my hatch, google mpfi swap there is alot of good write ups that explain the process in grave detail, and im pretty sure you will beable to do a complete mpfi swap for under 300. and as beaver said dont swap complete harness just ad the wires in that need to be added and there are a couple that need to be moved to different pin locations in the ecu plugs

1 - 15 of 15 Posts