Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a D16Y8 in my 00 Civic EX. I am going to boost it here within a month or two and need some advice. I don't know much about turbos just yet so I am seeking some help. All I know is I wanna run 13's on stock internals for now with a good kit. I know the 13's part is kind of hard but lets say with a good driver and shit. I wanna have around 200-215whp.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey thanks for all the help! Guess I'll stick to my local forum even though they bash the D Series...

I'm being sarcastic about the help thing since no one replied.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CoxhEd said:
I have a D16Y8 in my 00 Civic EX. I am going to boost it here within a month or two and need some advice. I don't know much about turbos just yet so I am seeking some help. All I know is I wanna run 13's on stock internals for now with a good kit. I know the 13's part is kind of hard but lets say with a good driver and shit. I wanna have around 200-215whp.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
You are not going to hit 13's in a full interior coupe with 200whp. You are going to have to aim at about 250whp to reach 13's in your car, which of course will require to build up your internals, or say bye bye to your motor.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
99 VSM EK said:
You are not going to hit 13's in a full interior coupe with 200whp. You are going to have to aim at about 250whp to reach 13's in your car, which of course will require to build up your internals, or say bye bye to your motor.
Dude what are you talking about? :roll:

Don't tell this guy he can't do it because it's defintely possible. When I decided to turbocharge my coupe, my goals were 200whp and 13.99 in the 1/4 mile. I am making a little more than 200whp, but even if I was right at 200whp I would still be shooting for a 13 second time slip. I'm sure with my suspension, quaife LSD, and drag radials I will be able to get into the 13's.

*CoxhEd* I would just read this forum and any other forum and learn as much as you can about turbos. If I had to give you one piece of advice it would be not to skimp on the fuel management/tuning because it's the most important part.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
99 VSM EK said:
I've seen it done..But anywho thanks..

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
200 whp will get you into the mid-high 12's in a minor gutted HB
250 whp will get you mid 12's in a full interior coupe

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
transzex said:
200 whp will get you into the mid-high 12's in a minor gutted HB
250 whp will get you mid 12's in a full interior coupe
In order to hit 250 whp with a D16y8 I will defiantly need to do internal work, correct?

I would defiantly love to run 12's in a full interior coupe.

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts