Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay iv got a d16z6 that im building for some boost iv got acl race bearings,vitara pistons,fjd custom length rods.. and for now im running the stock head nothing special asside from a adjustable cam gear

okay iv rebuild 1 motor before and i followed the haynes manual to the t about installing new rings but the motor smoked so bad after it wasnt funny

im wondering if anyone can give me some tips or possibly a very good right up for installing rings. what i do is purchase oversized rings and file them down to get a perfect gap..(this might not be necessary but i come from old school v8 rebuilds)

and to check the gap i insert the ring into the bore and push it down and square it up with the piston untill i get the right gap (gap according to haynes manual)

but my last motor smoked like a sive and im wondering if i did it wrong? and if there is someone nice enough to explain the whole processs to me so this can go smoothly

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i staggered em like the haynes says to do. it could ahve been the fact that the last motor was a d15b8/d15z1head combo .. but i dont think that would have made it smoke but it did run like arse.. when i built the first motor i wasnt aware that there was a front and back side to the rings..could that have been the problem? i had some in upside down to casue smoking?

·
Registered
95 integra
504 Posts
i just watched all his videos that guy makes everything easy to understand i recomend all newbs watch those vids.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hha yeah im glade i saw them .. i would have had no idea how to properly install the pistons on the after market rods if i didnt see that

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpy_By5aIxM&feature=related
ring tech at 6:00, not sure if it will help but may give you some confidence.
This Video gives you a Pretty Good Run Down of how to assemble a Block. I've been looking for something like this.
Rep for you. It's Handy even for me!
hha yeah im glade i saw them .. i would have had no idea how to properly install the pistons on the after market rods if i didnt see that
Brisk,
Good Luck with your assembly. See if you can take some Pics as you go. We would like to see that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts