Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup d series peeps, i recently searched high and low for a thread about ebay piping but only found ebay muffler threads so i thought id start my own. i ordered a catback muffler kit from ebay cheap as hell all, stainless steel 2.5" piping and mandrel bent with a resonator and some ricy ass 5 inch muffler im going to cut off and just use the piping with a magnaflow exhuast ive had sitting around for a while now. what do you guys think huh? that dosnt fall under the ricy ebay muffler user right more of a custom application. So is there anyone out there using ebay piping for there custom application?? let me know and ill be posting up a video of the car when i get the stuff in the mail and put on

·
Registered
2007 Dodge ram
293 Posts
I just ordered my Ebay 3" exhaust tonight myself and plan on doing the exact same thing!... Even cheap stainless steel piping should work fine for exhaust just as long as it is after the downpipe...

·
Registered
6,395 Posts
ebay exhaust

cut off muffler, weld in nice muffler

·
Registered
90 CRX
1,054 Posts
If it's not a turbo manifold then you're good. You have to spend money in certain areas. Being that it is just pipe, it'll work great.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
My opinion:

It's eBaY. Dont expect much other than exactly what you see. It's eBaY

Thats my opinion.
THIS.

Unless you KNOW FOR A FACT that you are dealing with a worthwhile & reputable company, the quote about applies to prettymuch, anything.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Now the question becomes: Can you get mandrel bent piping from your local exhaust shop for cheaper? ...

This is an interesting topic for me because I'm considering doing something similar. Ebay piping w/ Vibrant muffler.

·
Registered
6,395 Posts
I highyl doubt any shop in america will do full stainless steel for less then 250 bucks

and still do a muffler and resonator

the ebay exhaust sounds fine at first, the muffler simply wears out. the shit in the muffler that dampens the sound wears/melts away within a few weeks of driving.

Nothing a good cut, a good clamp, and a nice muffler cannot fix

Hell Ive seen some people open up the ebay muffler canister, and buy muffler packing from a motorcycle shop, and "rebuild" it, and made it sound a little bit better.

All depends on your budget, your taste, and how much effort you want.

You want a perfect fit and great sound, empty your savings on an overpriced $500+ exhaust

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You all have some very good points yo, my budget isnt the greatest and i do have the money to go greddy or apexi blah blah bah but i wanted to

1. do a custom application,

2. save some $$ n my pocket for something else i can add to my car (i want a skunk 2 manny so bad) and

3. have some fun with it!

come on a shop around where i live will charge 150+ for just those few pipes not to mention they all have a thing where they also install it for you, charge labor fees of 100+ or they wont do it at all to begin with. im going to be recieving my stuff soon, i will take pictures/vids unraping it, installing it, the way the car sounded stock and after, and finnaly when i chop off the ricy muffler and put a nice magnaflow or something that suites my style.

this is a great topic aint it? anyone else have some input on this? maybe some pictures vids of there custom setup maybe!!???

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just ordered my Ebay 3" exhaust tonight myself and plan on doing the exact same thing!... Even cheap stainless steel piping should work fine for exhaust just as long as it is after the downpipe...
how much did you buy it for? if you dont mind me asking and will you post pics and vid of it all? i really want to see how it comes out bro

·
Registered
2007 Dodge ram
293 Posts
I paid $134.99 shipped to my door... It is for a 92-00 civic 2/4dr so I am expecting to have to modify it some to fit my Del Sol... When it comes in I will also take pics of it and try to post some before/after vids with sound...

On a positive note I just got thru assembling my lower end on my 76mm vitara build... No pics yet but this motor is LOOSE... .0018-.0019 clearance on the mains and rods...

.002 is the service limit - Yikes!... Hope this one lasts for a while!... Tuner toys rods don't let me down now! LOL

·
Registered
6,395 Posts
why didnt you jsut buy the del sol shit?

·
Registered
2007 Dodge ram
293 Posts
the largest del sol kit was just 2.25... Too small! lol so I figured that the piping is pretty much the same for the civics as it is for the del sol since they are based off of the same chassis... It should work just fine... I hope...

·
Registered
6,395 Posts
closest to del sol is 92-95 hatchback

BTW when I was looking for del sol exhaust back a year or so, I had massive trouble locating 2.25

2.25 is the largest I would go for non-boost applications

I found troves of 2.5 and 2.75 and even 3.0 exhaust for del sol

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe he just likes the challenge... lol

·
Registered
2007 Dodge ram
293 Posts
lol I am going boosted but it seems we have the inverse problems... ALL I could find was 2 - 2.25 catback exhausts... Not one 2.5 or 3 Catback system for a del sol...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts