Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 honda HX-07 STI
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I was having probs with my trans. Well as luck would have it. I got my hands on a D15B7 with trans still mated to it and a Z6 head and intake minus fuel rail along w head gasket and Headstuds.The guy was going for mini me but went another direction (B series). Well I started cleaning (Degreasing the engine today) D15B7 that is. And I realized that the extra Z6 head I got (Compared to the D15B7 head) Looks beautiful the intake and exhaust sides are really clean very little carbon build up. What I was going to do was complete the swap with the materials given. After seeing the condition of the head now I am considering swapping the head with the head on my current mini me. As far as I can really see the only thing I would have to do is swap cam gear. Ohh and FYI the trans I pulled from the D15B7 shifts great (As the saying goes like butter) so I am excited about that. What I am looking for is some validation or opinion. My thought was maybe the head that came with the engine and trans might be superior as far a miles on it and condition wise. Would this be a worth while endeavor as long as the head is in good shape. I know looks can be deceiving and as the saying goes if it is not broke don't fix it. Again just looking for real world scenarios and or validation since this would be the first time doing something like this. Thanks for everything guys

·
Registered
97 honda HX-07 STI
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get it pressure tested, and checked for flatness. If everything checks out, go for it!
Yea that's kind of what I was thinking as well. I am sure like the Dizzy like the adjustable Cam Gear only goes on one way. finally got a Ebay header (This will be nice addition even though it is a Cheapo style) my currant setup (Including the exhaust all the way back thru the fart can looks like a 5th grader did a hack and slash job, exhaust leaks everywhere. I haven't had any experience with brian crower Valve springs but I am considering that too. 75.00 all in for a set would be a nice addition to my very simple mod lineup. I am not expecting huge numbers at all but I would like around 150 WHP out of my mini me. So my lineup is as follows Y8 intake, and injectors( I remember reading stock D16Z6 injectors flow at 235 or so and the Y8 is a touch more 240. And then super mild Exhaust side port job and shave around 20-30 off the head maybe and lightened crank pulley. I considered a stage 2 cam but honestly I really don't want to touch gas mileage at all. Final step will be tune. As a side note (Since I have and Extra Valve cover ) I am gonna try the dual port procedure to relieve some of the pressure buildup in the valve cover.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts