Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am struggling to get some money and i cant decide if a single cam will be good enough to hang with some of the guys in my area i am afraid that the gears on a d series are to short and top speeds are too low so if you think that i can build a single to be fast enough to hang with the 3-400hp cars in my area tell me how or should i just do a boosted ls or a boosted dohc zc and please give a reason for your suggestions

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dude i dont need to search i need to talk to some one with experience dont tell me to search i am not a noob i know wat the searchbutton is i just need some advice :)

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
no dude you need to search. these questions have been asked so many fucking times it makes me wanna throw my computer out my window when i see another.
If you were not a noob you would know how to build your own shit.
dont take this personal but these kinds of threads are ridiculous.
i can tell you what to build but i have no idea what you want to spend.

i will leave you with 2 things
#1 fast cars cost money
#2 USE THE FUCKING SEARCH BUTTON

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know how to build it i just need to hear some quick responses to see if any onehas had experience with both an ls and d series if my thread bothers you dont post it is a forum for a reason

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i mean what products i dont mean what do i do i know exactly what it will take but i have never seen a single cam come out better than a b series and i wanna see some different results with diff products and what does it matter to you any ways i know what i am doing if that is what you need to hear

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
i mean what products i dont mean what do i do i know exactly what it will take but i have never seen a single cam come out better than a b series and i wanna see some different results with diff products and what does it matter to you any ways i know what i am doing if that is what you need to hear
then what is the purpose of this thread. you make no sense.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
look man if u wanna hang with cars that put out 300-400 whp, the only way ur gonna do it is with the cash

if u go out and buy a swap.. lets say a b18c5..ur gonna spend 4-5k depending on condition and were u get it from

with that amount u could do nice vitara build SOHC with a home made turbo kit and a custom bone spec tranny with lsd...for about the same, maybe a little more money

·
Registered
1,211 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
then what is the purpose of this thread. you make no sense.
no it make perfect sense i want advice so i posted and you want to start something so you posted i didnt ask you to post or to even look at my thread i just wanted to see if any one knew from experience whether or not a single cam can hang with a b series that is built i know in the back of my head that a bseries will kill a single but i want to know if any one has built a single that will run with built b series and i am wiling to lay as much money down as neccesary sorry that my thread made your day bad dude

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
no it make perfect sense i want advice so i posted and you want to start something so you posted i didnt ask you to post or to even look at my thread i just wanted to see if any one knew from experience whether or not a single cam can hang with a b series that is built i know in the back of my head that a bseries will kill a single but i want to know if any one has built a single that will run with built b series and i am wiling to lay as much money down as neccesary sorry that my thread made your day bad dude
i posted a video of a car that was built by a guy on here that will eat b's

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
not a noob but joined what 3 1/2 months ago.. lol thats y i dont have a lot of posts couse i search!
i have been on car forums other than this one for a long time and i have been working on cars since i was 8 but that was on mustangs and big block chevys i may be new to the honda scene and i have had my car for almost a year now but still am learning stuff but just because i am new here doesnt make me new to cars

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
i posted a video of a car that was built by a guy on here that will eat b's
b's, h's, f's, k's

hell duck can eat the whole alphabet

:lol:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts