Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok fellas... I am rebuilding my Y8 as some of you know. now as for gaskets, and misc stuff what all do I need? This is what I have so far: Intake Mani Gasket, timing belt, head gasket Valve Cover Gasket, Oil Pan Gasket, Water pump(with new gasket), exhaust mani gasket, new pcv valve, all the serp. belts......... anything else??

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
New valve cover bolt washers and spark plug seals are nice but not needed. I have 5 VC bolt washers from my eristic gasket kit that I don't need b/c I bought OEM's before I knew the kit came with em if you want em give me 6.00 shipped. New ones are like 2.25 a piece from the stealership.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think hes talking about the crank seal on the water pump, i dont think its called a main seal though, it should come with the oil pump
ok sweet. I already got the rear main seal too... but Ill keep looking into this more...

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
Guess you're not interested in the VC washers?

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
good deal mang. I'm trying to get rid of them, they're just sitting on top of my TV LOL.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
how about the oil pump 0-ring, the oil pickup tube gasket, the water tube on the back of the motor has 2 o-rings. did you get the front main seal that goes on the oil pump?

should have got a bottom end gasket set from the dealer. comes with everything from the deck of the block down. i got mine for i think 50 from the dealer.

dont forget a tube of hondabond for the oil pump and rear main seal housing and the other gaskets that need a small amount of HB on them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts