1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
how much is the used one you were lookin at? anything wrong with it?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts

·
Registered
4,281 Posts

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
was 300 on ebay... it just said t3 to4e turbo 50 comp and 63 ar turbine, but it did not state the trim size.. i asked the guy a bunch of question, and all he said back to me was "all the turbines garret smoke a little but all their perfect axes without game and gives but of 400 HP" lol thats what he said.. i couldnt really understand him... but then i was just looking and found this new polished turbo for another 100 bucks.... looks nice

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
that turbo is not brand new, says it uses new and used parts
they are all professionally rebuilt, so pretty much brand new... Either way i would take a rebuilt Garrett before ever touching an OBX product anyday.

they sell anywhere from a t3 to a GT4202r

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
that site doesnt work for me, wtf

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
look at the t4 flange on the hot side, the exhaust flange, the square of it is all out of shape.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so everyone agrees to not get a obx turbo...???? theres a garrett t3t4 on ebay for 300 buy it now.... i posted the link..... the trim size is unknown though but im sure it will push at least 400 hp.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
well OBX is shitty, cept for the LSD's, but it says it comes with a lifetime warranty so.... but id still get a garrett

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok guys, i just bought the garrett t3t4..... hopefully it will meet my 400ish hp goal

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Whats with all the backward ass turbo's designed for diesel trucks! On our puny little D-series engines, you want a SMALL hot side. Small turbine larger compressor. When you see these 63/50 backwards ass turbo's you can bet your hiney they will be laggy as hell and piss out on the top end.

What you want is a 48-50 turbine and a 60-63 compressor (cold side). what this allows is good spool and good efficiency in the upper range. MOST T04E's are a 48/63 not the other way around...Damn I miss my t04b that was a spoolin SOB and put down great numbers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts