Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so i get a call from dad today. tells me when he went to start his car this morning he heard a loud pop from under the hood. then when he finally had it running it was blowing black smoke out the exhaust. i believe black smoke is fuel if i'm not mistaken.

he has a 93 plymouth voyager with 80,000 miles on it.

any suggestions? i'm gonna go look at it after work for him.

i was thinking a belt snapped or something...idk.

thanks guys

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
if it's black smoke coming out it probably has something to do with the fuel rail. Those things are leaky bastards, they are also known to leak externally and have the possibility of causing an engine fire. It might have backfired and blown out a few seals for the fuel system.

·
This one's for you, Duck.
Wait, what?
2,304 Posts
Oh I know exactly what the issue is!

It's a plymouth!

:lol:

But yeah, they are leaky bastards, my mom's Town & Country had that same issue, minus the black smoke and loud bang. :shock:

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if it's black smoke coming out it probably has something to do with the fuel rail. Those things are leaky bastards, they are also known to leak externally and have the possibility of causing an engine fire. It might have backfired and blown out a few seals for the fuel system.
i see. so him trying to start it agian would be bad then? lol

Oh I know exactly what the issue is!

It's a plymouth!

:lol:

But yeah, they are leaky bastards, my mom's Town & Country had that same issue, minus the black smoke and loud bang. :shock:
yep it's a plymouth. funny thing is though is that was top of the line shit back then. my dad had to haul around 3 kids.

what was hers doing just leaking fuel?

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
QUOTE]

I would check to see if there is any fuel around the fuel rail that may have leaked out. if there is not external leakage, it may be internal. so your good to go.

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE]

I would check to see if there is any fuel around the fuel rail that may have leaked out. if there is not external leakage, it may be internal. so your good to go.
thanks but my dad just called me. he blew a headgasket!

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
The only good Plymouth/Dodge minivans came with the Mitsubishi motors! LOL

Hope you locate the problem w/o much hassle.

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only good Plymouth/Dodge minivans came with the Mitsubishi motors! LOL

Hope you locate the problem w/o much hassle.
yep this is true! lol

yea i checked it out...definetly a headgasket. coolant all over the place, oil in overflow...its just a mess!

i don't even think he's gonna fix it. he's had he thing since it was new.

he's looking at VW's at the moment. lol

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
yep this is true! lol

yea i checked it out...definetly a headgasket. coolant all over the place, oil in overflow...its just a mess!

i don't even think he's gonna fix it. he's had he thing since it was new.

he's looking at VW's at the moment. lol
Get him into the D-Series:TU: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
yeah, let your dad go for a spin in your car and ask him to reconsider his options. i sure as fuck would change my mind about buying a vw even if he doesn't like performance, it'll show the technilogical skills at work in a Honda.

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lo..yea mad funny when were all parked in the street, you have all different generations, plus 2 diff color si's...
its like a mini dealership. lol we should do a photo shoot.

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Doesn't need to be a turbo D...have you seen sites boasting their boosted Plymouths and Dodges?
actually i have. i saw a older dodge caravan(the woody one) smoke a vette one time. it looked stocker than stock too! lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts