Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 honda civic hatch
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would you test the fuel pressure regulator? When i opened it up, it doesnt look like that design would work at all. Can somebody here get a diagram of how it would? I will give some pics to help you ok. This is connected to the drivers side of the throttle plate where the unused fuel goes back to the tank. Also engine pics gallery for location. Can somebody help? I jst recently changed my auxillary fuel injector and i am closer to getting the rich to lean ratio i need. If you need any more info, call my cell 708-253-8982 or email [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
what do you mean test it? all it is , is a diaphram with a spring that controlls how much fuel to allow back into the return line. i recently bought a b&m pressure regulator that works by cutting off the top half of the stock regulator and replacing it with an adjustable deal, like 100 bux for that and the guage. then set it to whatever you want

·
My sig is longer than yours
2,163 Posts
the springs keeps the diaghpram closed, which will allow the full pressure of the fuel pump to push fuel through the injectors. but because its a spring, when the fuel pressure reaches a certain point, it will compress the spring, which lets the diaghpram open and bleeds off that fuel back to the tank, so the injectors only see a certain amount of pressure.

and yea, i know i probably spelt diaghpragm differnt each time, oh well

·
My sig is longer than yours
2,163 Posts
you could test it but it aint easy.. you have to make some kind of plate where it bolts on to the fuel rail, and then either:
a) hook up an air compressor with a pressure adjuster and see at what PSI the diagpragm will open and bleed air out.

or (since air molecules will probably leak past the seal before fuel would anyways..)

b)fill it with water and use then do the air compressor thing, so your actualyl using a liquid.

but why test it? it changes with vacuum anyways. get an adjustable one if you care that much

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
just use a Mityvac on it, easy to test while still on car :)

·
Registered
91 honda civic hatch
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ok

my symptoms are, feels like a lack ouf fuel and i know now that the delivery is good based on the o2 guage i got. Since i changed the auxilliry fuel injector it does peform a lil better but not quite at its best. the engine should read all the way rich then all the way lean from a cold start, then a little bit less richer yes??? Would that be the regulator itself or can i fix it with a b&m adjustible top? and it costd around 60$ by me, a new regulator is around same price. What do you suggest I do??? Buy the purple top and cut the regulator, or just get a new regulator??? how much pressure am I supposed to have ? I wanna check out fuel pressure guages ok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts