Honda D Series Forum banner

What can this steam in the cooling system problem be?

• the radiator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the thermostat

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • the head gasket

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • the pump

• the engine

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 honda civic hatch
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Ok, heres the thing, When i am driving my car sometimes overheats but when i turn on the heat its ok. heres the problem when I park, I open my hood and I hear bubbling in my overflow. I take out the tube that is from the radiator and it is blowing hot steam. If I don't do this is overflows my overflow and leaks radiator fluid. I have a good idea what this can be and this is not supposed to happen from what I know. So what do you think this can be??
2) My car still climbs mph really slowly and almost dies out. A while ago It was leaking anti freeze from the water pump. I had it replaced and now I have a delayed pickup, very delayed speed pickup timing(very slow), and sometimes at a light when i hit the gass for a green light, it almost dies out. Any opinoins or views? I can use all the help i can get. oh yea it only has
103k on it.

·
Registered
91 honda civic hatch
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
one more

Where is my thermostat? is it on the lower or upper hose on radiator on engine??? Autozone is saying it on the upper. ther thermostat part itself looks like ot goes on the lower one on engine. Which one is it??

·
Registered
119 Posts
you say the car gets hot, you open the hood and can hear hissing? is your fan on when you open the hood? fan relay could be bad. i have seen them work off and on when they are going bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts