Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
ex-g (canadian)
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is the measurement i found on my d15b7 block (see atachment)

now... my vitara are all 2.95~2.9505" (74.93~74.9426mm)

can i slap that together and be ok or it's just a time bomb?

I know, the best is to bore but hey... it involve a lot more money

Attachments

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
There's people running wider P2W clearances than that...but the question is, do you care about piston slap (the noise that is)?

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
im not sure what is considered "out of round" on a cylinder. but are those measurements within spec? and the piston to wall clearance is kind of lose. i would bore but you have the pistons. try and find a buyer, even locally. if you can sell them, then its obvious that you should bore because you can buy new ones.

let some one more experienced give you a better opinion though. some one who knows the tolerances by heart, which isn't me.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Your bores are seriously tapered and oval at top, and at best you'll have 0.10mm P2W clearance. Factory spec is 0.01-0.04mm, and service limit being 0.05mm.

I assembled my Z6 with used PM7's and 0.10-0.12mm P2W, burned oil around 2 liters per 1000km. I'd bore that engine for sure.

·
Registered
135 Posts
hi, sorry I am too new to offer any advice, but I am really curious about your diameter diagrams. Have u used some specific software that helps with note taking during engine rebuild - or is it just your own way of keeping things neat. Either way I am sold, thanks for the inspiration.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
i would have to agree. i would bore that. as for the piston slap... all pistons have a slight taper and as they get hotter the expand.. making them flush. thats when piston slap should no longer me there.. this is why people say never run your car hard till its warmed up. :D

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Id let it rattle slap rock and roll. Its a b7 and until those FJT rods come out, id run the crap out of it as is. You would have to buy new pistons anyways if you bore. I have 3 B7 blocks so if you need one just yell. CHEAP!!

·
Registered
ex-g (canadian)
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I honned everywhere... and now the cylinder have less difference, they are almost perfectly round.

my p2w clearance is now 0.0075... and i'm shooting for 350whp
guess, i'll try it, anyway... i have two other d16 block ad one other d15 i can bore and buy .5mm oversize piston if it fail.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
how did you get a better ptw clearance after honeing? if it was already loose, and now it gets smaller?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts