Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
prolly already adressed, but

same psi+diff turbo's=diff h/p increase,

i guess a 14g flows different than an t3/t4 .48 .60.
but if its on the same psi, how is that? different rpm?. turbine size?. a bigger turbine would flow more air, maybe im mixed up with psi, measured in the turbo outlet
air flow per square inch(psi)into the manifold right?. from there into the head.
not really understanding this. or direct me to a place where its written thanks

damn it sucks to be a noob :(

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so its the turbine size. which on a garret would be the first number, sorry for all the gay questions,. wouldnt the intake mani have anything to do with the ingested cfm from the turbo. so if the turbo can flow 500 cfm, and the mani can only flow 300 to the head, ... ya get it?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
yup turbine/turbo size--> bigger=more air,
i see what you mean but if you just put the whole engine as one value(cfm) its alot easier... flow bench testing plays some part in this
but volumetric efficiency is that factor thats show limit on the head for maximum CFM's achived. so like 500cfm to the head minus the 200 that mani takes away... like 75% volumetic efficiency.
everything on that page is like one big equation adding all the factors in to make one answer

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
the A/R ratio of the exhaust housing, and the size of the compressor turbine. Usually, it seems that the exhaust turbine is just referred to as the "turbine" and the compressor turbine is referred to as the "compressor wheel"
then choosing the turbo you would have to look into compressor maps... its in the sticky at the top
its alot to take in at one time but youll come to understand it :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts