• Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
I got Bit by the Boost Bug
Bmw 528e
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What Motor Swap should I do...

Hey everyone,Im picking up my new 4 door ed in a week or two and im trying to decide what motor to go with at this point.Im picking up the car THe guy told me it has a rod through the oil pan he says.So anyways i am having a hard time deciding what motor to build and throw in there,I have a 2 options.

First i can stay with the build i have in my Sig which is a d15b2

Do a ls/vtec set-up since i know where i can get a complete b16 head for 100and ls blocks are cheap...

Let me know what you guys think.

·
Bmw 528e
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah gonna be a dd,Im just having a hard time deciding considering i can get that head for so cheap,But between linkage,axles and tranny seems like its gonna cost me alot more.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Ls/V no doubt. I know someone who is doing one as well but im not letting the at out of the bag yet as to who it is, but if you want you can PM me and ill give ya some info as i heavilly looked into this build a while back

·
Bmw 528e
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah,I know someone who is gonna do ls/v also,Im just looking at how much its gonna cot to put it in my 4 door,Being that it needs axles,linkage,I've been told a new crossmember.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Well I have done an ls/vtec and was actually able to do it on a budget. It has a great powerband from down low when I was using my stock cams. Check my sig out for more details to give you an idea. Ls block I got for free, b16 motor was like $100 kept the head and sold the block. Sold the zc and got myself some innovative mounts (go-autoworks ftw), and the b16 lsd transmission was a free.:bigok:

Edit: If using your stock crossmember you might need to bang it to clear the header if I recall when I did a swap before. I upgraded mine to an innovative one as I had got it for a steal on here.:td:

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
ls/vtec for sure. or buy my b16 block lol i'll throw in the ecu with it for 300 i got the trans still to.
ls/vtecs are cheap if you get the right prices

·
Bmw 528e
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah i have a new one on the way in a month so its gonna start down the road,Nep if you werent getting rid of it right now i would so buy it down the road man.Its just hard cause from what others have told me its gonna be a couple grand alone between just putting it together and machine work not including upgrades,But i think with a ls vtec ill have good power to take more cars than a n/a d15b2 .

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
Yeah i have a new one on the way in a month so its gonna start down the road,Nep if you werent getting rid of it right now i would so buy it down the road man.Its just hard cause from what others have told me its gonna be a couple grand alone between just putting it together and machine work not including upgrades,But i think with a ls vtec ill have good power to take more cars than a n/a d15b2 .
woah it costs no where near a few grand lol. if you do a oem ls/v it'll make good power and its hella cheap.

some b16 pistons and get a rebuild kit from fjt its like 4bills. if you run the stock p30 or pr3 pistons you'll be just at 12:1 compression with the ls/v

·
Bmw 528e
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah i can get a b16 head cheap,I saw that the oil line kit for ls/v would be 419 from golden eagle.Im sure i can piece a motor together for cheap,Its the conversions pieces that seem to cost so much.

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
LS/V is what i am looking into myself. seeing as how my D is on it's way out. It's gonna be over a long period of time though. Got to get the money for 2 B18's i can get and then work from there.

I've driven an LS/V in an EJ1 and it was a blast, it had such a wide powerband and felt so smooth.

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
Yeah i can get a b16 head cheap,I saw that the oil line kit for ls/v would be 419 from golden eagle.Im sure i can piece a motor together for cheap,Its the conversions pieces that seem to cost so much.
theres not really alot you need to do bro. theres a hella good rite up n the lsv on honda tech its pretty easy swap.
headstuds 100
vtak kit 245ish
b16pistons 80ish
gasket kits like 60ish
water pump and oilpump is under 200
mounts 260

·
Bmw 528e
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats not bad at all,Plus axles and linkage tho,I looked at the fjt super kit,Looks like a awesome deal im just thnking ima have to spend a couple grand for everything at this point.

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
Thats not bad at all,Plus axles and linkage tho,I looked at the fjt super kit,Looks like a awesome deal im just thnking ima have to spend a couple grand for everything at this point.
it is but i wouldnt use the pistons that come with it i'd use a itr or b16a piston. axles and linkage is another 200 if you get it new lol

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts

·
Bmw 528e
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thats not bad at all,I was thinking like 2000-3000 after everything,But what about machine work to the block and head for like resurface and what not???

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
1 - 20 of 55 Posts