Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well just wondering if this combo would work cause im not sure if my y 8 block is going to be able to be bored /honed y8 crank, d15b7 block, jdmd15b head, tuner toys rods, vitara pistons

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
hey. *whispering* there's this really cool feature here, up on the tab between the "new post" and "quick links". it's call "search" press it, and type something in there. you might find something really cool will happen , when you do this. try not to tell to many ppl, cause then the cats out of the bag. then we won't have noobs posting threads like this. so keep it on the D/L.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im not a noob lol post count means nothing any hoo i did search and found nothins as specific..... now wont the crank work wit the pistons for the jdm d15 or is that an entirely different thing

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
ok i'm going to make this very simple w/no slander or headache. and the only reason i'm going to be nice is cause i was flamed when i first started here with the same question. by far the beat platform to start w/is....

zc block w/zc head - (JDM) i could never remember if vtec
d16a6 block w/d16a6 head - non-vtec
d16a6 block w/dz6z6 head - vtec and the same as a d16z6
d15b block w/d15b head - vtec(JDM) same as the d16z6
d16z6 block w/d16z6 head - vtec
d16y8 block w/d16y8 head - vtec

pick a platform and begin. theres some othe combs but i'm tired right now to type in spanish.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya i know all the plat forms the question was parts interchangeability wow long word any way thanks to all an i knew the y8 crank would work with the z6 i was wondering if i was going to run into timing belt issues or crank pulley issues mainly cause i know that crank doesnt go into that block

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
the cranks interchange between
d16 - d16
did you spun a bearing?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well im not exactly sure on the definition on "spun bearing" ive heard it alot but never got a for sure meaning basically i bought a short block for 70 that had a rod knock on rod #1 so it scored the crank up which is gettin reground as we speek. but the upon further inspection of the block i notice that it looks like it has already been honed to some extent and im not sure if i can get it bored/ honed so all the cylinder walls are true

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well im plannin on gettin like 300 whp out of my current setup and since the d series crank can handle like 700 hp i doubt that thats goin to hurt espicslly at 300. the crank is getting all the bearing surfaces reground and as far as gettin a motor together il use what ever 1.6 block i can get my hands on

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
well im plannin on gettin like 300 whp out of my current setup and since the d series crank can handle like 700 hp i doubt that thats goin to hurt espicslly at 300. the crank is getting all the bearing surfaces reground and as far as gettin a motor together il use what ever 1.6 block i can get my hands on
the reason why honda crankshafts are so good is because they are nitrite treated. once you grind down past it (~.010), the crank is as soft as butter. but good luck with your build, and hopefully you don't have to pull h-beams out of your oil pan.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts