Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just need to know if there's a simple way to explain what all the numbers in basemaps mean...I don't have everything yet but I downloaded Uber and a stock p28 map just to see what it looks like and I don't know what the hell all those numbers are. Like where it says RPM, there will like 7 numbers lol. I don't understand. If there's a simple way to explain it all to me, then please do. I'd appreciate it very much. I don't know what Im doing and Im going to need to know pretty soon lol.

W

·
0 Posts
go to tunewithcrome.com and pgmfi.org and go to the library and it explains ALOT.

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is crome and uber have the same basic stuff?

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
read the uberdata/crome/turboedit faq sticky... it has mostly info on turboedit, but all the stuff is the same between each of the programs even though turboedit is for obd0

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
uberdata and crome are almost the same. crome is easier to work with IMO. uberdata uses a basemap that is completely different from stock hondas though. They completely reprogrammed it. So for uberdata, you HAVE to start with the uberdata basemap. With crome you can use any basemap, but to get all the interesting features, you have to start with a p30 map (b16). For either, just copy the fuel/ignition values from the stock basemap you want to use.

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea but see, I don't know what all those values stand for. I want to be able to adjust the fuel curve but I don't know what to type in or what to increase and where...I don't know anything about how to change the stuff around...

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
makku said:
read the uberdata/crome/turboedit faq sticky... it has mostly info on turboedit, but all the stuff is the same between each of the programs even though turboedit is for obd0
keep scrolling... I KNOW i mentioned what the values mean.

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok cool. Thanks. I see that and it helps some but Im still a little lost. I don't know which ones to increase and where at and by how much...Oh and like on Uberdata the RPM for stock maps will say stuff like 251894.37...what's up what that? I don't know what that's supposed to mean. I also don't know which is the fuel maps and which are the ignition maps. I don't know how much to increase/degrease the ign. if I increase the fuel. You see what Im saying? Im a complete dumbass with this and I don't know what to really do...

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's not quite that many numbers but it's really close. I didn't plan on using that one anyway, it's a stock p28 map that I downloaded with Uber and I have a y8. But I don't get any of this stuff lol. I don't know where or what to change stuff to when Im tuning. Hopefully the dyno guy knows how to tune this stuff lol...

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
By the way, anyone know where to get a stock y8 map? I can't find one anywhere...only can find the p28.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
you can't open a p28 file directly with uberdata (that's why uberdata is so unfriendly). You must open the GSR file, then import the p28 maps into it. You can only directly open the GSR file (for vtec) and the LS file (for non-vtec).

Fuel values are always positive.
Ignition values are negative and positive (near zero).

How do you know when to increase or decrease these values... buy a wideband o2 sensor and start reading about tuning cars. This just comes with experience.

·
Registered
784 Posts
makku said:
uberdata and crome are almost the same. crome is easier to work with IMO. uberdata uses a basemap that is completely different from stock hondas though. They completely reprogrammed it. So for uberdata, you HAVE to start with the uberdata basemap. With crome you can use any basemap, but to get all the interesting features, you have to start with a p30 map (b16). For either, just copy the fuel/ignition values from the stock basemap you want to use.
What? The very first map is always a stock P72 with imported values from a stock binary. After its saved, its unique to uberdata just like after you save a file in crome, its unique to crome. Crome you run a stock P30 base for the most part and import the values(via a crappily implemented table copy feature that absolutely sucks). Its really the same difference.

If you can tell me how its faster to in crome import a P72 map into a P30 base than in uberdata ill be forever in debt to you(the table copy feature doesnt work because the table sizes are different) so this means hand copying rpm,mbar tables and copying and pasting all the fuel tables. This in comparison to the 10 seconds it takes in uberdata. But this makes it unfriendly evidently?

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ohh ok I didn't know that. How do I import it after I open the GSR file? And is that all...I just open the GSR file and import the p28 and that means Im looking at a stock p28 map, and then I can change around and edit everything? Ok well that's all good but I still need a y8 map...lol Where do I get that? I can't use the p28...

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Crome supports the GSR maps now with boost. so there is no importing needed.

Uber isnt that hard, and Crom isnt that much better. the one thing that i really like about Crome is that you download the program, and all the plug-ins are already there. Uber offers the same features but there are compatibility issues between certain plugins and certain versions. IMO it was much more confusing to get Uber to do everything that Crome can do right out of the box.

W

·
0 Posts
yea i liked uberdata for the first year i used it but now im likein crome because of the support for it. so im an ex uberdata tuner and its hard at first but after playing with it you get used to it. but na build ups really don't need tunning that much until you do some engine building.

·
Registered
784 Posts
ryan89crx said:
Crome supports the GSR maps now with boost. so there is no importing needed.

Uber isnt that hard, and Crom isnt that much better. the one thing that i really like about Crome is that you download the program, and all the plug-ins are already there. Uber offers the same features but there are compatibility issues between certain plugins and certain versions. IMO it was much more confusing to get Uber to do everything that Crome can do right out of the box.
Crome has SERIOUS positives over Uberdata. Thats no doubt in my mind. Cromes import feature is just seriously poorly implemented. The P72 boost has been there but what about ITBs? The whole point is P30 is the base code for Crome for the most part. If you want to import various tables it becomes time consuming and difficult to do so. Thus the poor implementation. Uberdata you simply open a P72 go to the import section and select your engine code. It takes 10 seconds. Its one of the few things uberdata does very efficiently.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
bigwig said:
What? The very first map is always a stock P72 with imported values from a stock binary. After its saved, its unique to uberdata just like after you save a file in crome, its unique to crome. Crome you run a stock P30 base for the most part and import the values(via a crappily implemented table copy feature that absolutely sucks). Its really the same difference.

If you can tell me how its faster to in crome import a P72 map into a P30 base than in uberdata ill be forever in debt to you(the table copy feature doesnt work because the table sizes are different) so this means hand copying rpm,mbar tables and copying and pasting all the fuel tables. This in comparison to the 10 seconds it takes in uberdata. But this makes it unfriendly evidently?
i could have sworn that the Uberdata guys rewrote the stock honda rom to use double byte fuel values in the maps, rather than having single byte values and a multiplier. If that's not the case, then i was wrong.

W

·
0 Posts
bigwig said:
Crome has SERIOUS positives over Uberdata. Thats no doubt in my mind. Cromes import feature is just seriously poorly implemented. The P72 boost has been there but what about ITBs? The whole point is P30 is the base code for Crome for the most part. If you want to import various tables it becomes time consuming and difficult to do so. Thus the poor implementation. Uberdata you simply open a P72 go to the import section and select your engine code. It takes 10 seconds. Its one of the few things uberdata does very efficiently.
Crome all you have to do is open p28 export map in the potions table a=save it open p30 and import p28.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts