Honda D Series Forum banner

Oilpans VS headers

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Crx vtec SOHCt 
#1 ·
Ok, my oilpan is in a fight with my header.

I just removed the headers from a d16z6(oem ones) and instaled them in a d14a1 and to my surprise.. it won't fit!!

The header doesn't have enough clearance and the side of the oilpan hits it, and because of that it won't even bolt on.

So, from what i've concluded the oilpan's are different also, since the d14a1 is wider at the bottom.

It would be a very nice upgrade because:

:arrow: It's a 4-2-1 instead of 4-1
:arrow: It already has the fitting for a o2 sensor
:arrow: It has larger tubing
:arrow: It will look much nicer together with my Sir oem middle pipe and my decat tube
:arrow: It will have the same size flange (bigger) as the decat tube, and won't leak all the time like my 4-1 small flange header.

Now, since I can't (won't) be defeated my question is this:

:arrow: Can a oilpan from a d16a6 or d16z6 fit in a low deck small journal engine? (d14, d13, d15)

I'm so tempted to smack that bitch down with a hammer until the header fits.. :rl:

See less See more
#4 ·
Well the thing is a oilpan from a d16a9 already has the necessary clearance and if it fits I wouldn't have to make anything.

So since no one tried to change oilpans between this engines, does anyone knows if I can unbolt and remove a oilpan from an engine without unbolting anything else?

#5 ·
i'm not sure what to use...but I'll share my experience...I had a d16a6 and a z6 exhaust manifold...it didn't work. I used a DOHC ZC upper 4-2 section with a z6 2-1 downpipe section, it worked great with lots of clearance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.