Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here it goes..

in my old built z6 the block didnt have one(oil squirter). i didnt see that as a problem but i started getting a CEL in higher rpm's for code 22 which is vtec oil pressure. i shimmed my oil pump and it raised the oil pressure trough out the rpm range but i still kept getting the same CEL.
im thinking of building another SOHC and the block i have now is a p28 ZC. this one also doesnt have the oil squirter in it.

would that have caused the constant CEL in my old motor ? motor was new and assembled by a well known shop.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Are you talking about the oil control orifice that is in the block? Only non vtec motors have those in the block. The oil control orifice on the z6 is in the head. Adding one will cause the pressure to be too low and cause a code 22.

Dirty spool valve filter will also cause a code 22.

Have you tried a new VTP switch?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh, i must be retarded then. :p
i really actually thought that was my problem. bummer, i guess it was something else. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS AS TO WHAT IT COULD HAVE BEEN ?

not sure what vtp switch is. care to explain ?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol. yeah, i know what it is now.

i tried a whole new solenoid w/o any changes. :(

·
Registered
257 Posts
All late model Honda's have oil squirters just not all of them are in the block....look harder.
?

Ive only seen the Oil control orifice in the deck (back torwards center) or in the head (on vtec engines). We were not speaking of the oil squirters that are machined into the sides of rods or the ones placed under the main oil galley on dohc motors.

And to the OP, does your oil pan match the sump? If you dont have those matched the sump could be too close to the bottom of the pan causing oil starvation. Or if it has a big dent under the sump, it would cause that problem.

·
Registered
163 Posts
?

Ive only seen the Oil control orifice in the deck (back torwards center) or in the head (on vtec engines). We were not speaking of the oil squirters that are machined into the sides of rods or the ones placed under the main oil galley on dohc motors.

And to the OP, does your oil pan match the sump? If you dont have those matched the sump could be too close to the bottom of the pan causing oil starvation. Or if it has a big dent under the sump, it would cause that problem.
I only read the first post, which he stated oil-squirter. I assumed he was refering to just that, in wich case puts me in the wrong.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dang, where were you a few months ago ? hah

that is very possible. i used a a6 pan on a z6 block and i really dont know which pick up i used. i had 3 to pick from and only one matched up with the pump and the two bolts.

ill make sure to check that on this new motor i got.

thanks a ton.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts