Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to install an oil pressure gauge and temp gauge. there an oil adapter on ebay for thrity dollars. worth it and do u think it works. here is the link

OIL FILTER SANDWICH ADAPTER HONDA CIVIC TURBO D15 D16:eBay Motors (item 350285074785 end time Dec-26-09 15:35:49 PST)

And second i have an aftermarket ecu that has a od2 to obd1 harness and it moves my vtec up, has the a/f ratio mapped for my car which has intake exhaust and vtec and changes my redline to 8000 rpm with no speed limiter. now my question is when i get past stock redline my oil seems to go goodbye. is it so much pressure that it goes straight through oil rings or what do you guys think.

·
Registered
my Skateboard
1,945 Posts
send aquafina a pm, he is mfactory distributor, he may be able to get you a great deal on a quality mfactory sandwich

·
Registered
99 ek
722 Posts
nice, id like to know if there worth it too, i heard that they leak really bad,but then again i heard there really usefull for diff setups n what not

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have that exact same sandwich. Using it for the same gauges the OP wants to hook up. Have changed my oil 3 times while the sandwich has been on with no leaks.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Aquafina is a member here whose business sponsors D-series.org. YOu can get in touch with him by....wait...

The MFactory oil block does not leak. $49.95 shipped Christmas Special.

·
Registered
Civic
646 Posts
I have one and it does not leak. It is my second one I have owned. I had one on a eclipse and it work great as well. I had the t brass fitting and it ended cracking on me. I guess it just depends on you. Like mention above, for the price you might as well try it.

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Aquafina is a member here whose business sponsors D-series.org. YOu can get in touch with him by....wait...

I'm running an MFactory unit with no problem.

Using one port to feed my turbo and one port for the pressure gauge.

Great investment! :TU:

·
Registered
96 civic coupe d16y7
262 Posts
i never had a problem with the sammy adapters,but make sure u use teflon tape on the threads and u should be good to good with no leaks,and u can find the tape at any auto parts store and wally world has it too!!!!!

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
I'll let ya know how mine works.. I just ordered me one, for a christmas present..

...to myself.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

hahaha thanks aquafina. and i take it urs is better? just curious. and i am assuming u are quite smart with this stuff. would it be better to get an electric oil pressure gauge of use the mechanic one. that is the gauge i have right now. 50 is the highest i will go also.

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
hahaha thanks aquafina. and i take it urs is better? just curious. and i am assuming u are quite smart with this stuff. would it be better to get an electric oil pressure gauge of use the mechanic one. that is the gauge i have right now. 50 is the highest i will go also.

mechanical>electrical, but you need one that goes higher than 50

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
The linked sandwich plate is fine for pressure and temp, but not good enough for an oil supply.

It doesnt provide filtered oil, and that is bad news. I am not sure if the Mfactory takes oil from the middle fitting or not... i hope so!

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
The linked sandwich plate is fine for pressure and temp, but not good enough for an oil supply.

It doesnt provide filtered oil, and that is bad news. I am not sure if the Mfactory takes oil from the middle fitting or not... i hope so!

A shot of the sandwich plate and the AEM electric oil pressure gauge. The sandwich plate is also a source for clean oil supply to the Bisimoto/Turbonetics turbo. The basemap that I built for the AEM EMS Series 2 will allow me to log, and view oil pressure readings.

Danz VS Bisi.....round one......fight!

:bigok:

So which is it!!!!!!?!?!?!?!!????!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts