Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was changing my oil the other day and decided to test fit my sandwhich adapter,there's no way it fits with my oil pressure fitting attached.the oil pressure fitting hits the water pipe on the block, then if I move my plugs around on the sandwich I won't have room to put my oil feed line on so what should I do? Is there a fitting I can buy that will move the oil pressure sensor?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
take it to a machine shop and have them drill and thread a fresh hole at a location of your choosing. then plug the old hole.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
It's not the adapter, it's his huge sending unit. I'd go some place that sells hydrolic fittings or lowes/home depot/ace/HQ and get a 45* or 90* elbow

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
I has a similar issue with mine. I just had to go another route.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
why cant you just rotate the oil sandwich? it doesnt thread, the center bolt is what threads

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya I was thinking about a 90 degree fitting, I need a not fitting right? My gauges and oil sandwich are all from glowshift.I tried rotating it, its the big as oil pressure sender unit that doesn't have room to move.I would like to stay away from extra lines as that's more chance of oil leaks

·
Registered
88 Sedan
87 Posts
I rotated my glowshift sammich plate to where i have oil feed and sending unit pointed (Northwest if it were a compass).

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I guess I will have to try the feed and oil pressure sender on the top and plug the side .I'm well aware of the chances I'm taking. I take care of my oil so I'm not worried about it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts