Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to finish my setup, but have a quick question about the oil line running from the oil pan to the turbo. My boy says that since the block is aluminum, which are all d16y8 OEM blocks aluminum? It would be hard to weld, and something about how if you drill the hole, the oil pan could crack since it's aluminum, my question is how would I set this oil line up exactly? Thanks for the suggestions...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well the oil return has nothing to do with the block. Your return goes from your turbo back into the oil pan. You can ether have the fitting welded on or you can drill and tap. But you would need to have a tapping set and know the threading of the fitting to do so but also you would need to know someone who can weld aluminum since its not as easy as weld steel..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, my boy doesn't have a aluminum welder, is there anywhere I can find (Ebay, Moroso) oil pans for D-series that come pre-drilled and ready to go for turbo...?

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
yup, tap that bitch.... its easy... just if i were you to make it easier mark it when the pan is on... then take the pan off to tap it... its alot easier and you wont fu*k nething up... also some people use high temp JB weld if you wanna be ghetto.... it does work too..... if you go the tapping route,, just make sure you go nice n slow and in and back out because your only going to get 2 threads through because its very thin... so take your time and you will get it

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
any metal shop should be able to tap the pan for you. prolly cost you 20 bucks max. and like boostfreak said you can you high temp jb weld with a brass fitting ive done it and it worked just as good as a regualar fitting that was tapped in. and took about 10 min to do and a couple hours to dry. if you had enough post you could look in the for sale section to buy a pan that was tapped from me but thats not allowed for you yet. so when you get to 65 posts and still need one go to the for sale and find my thread

·
Registered
105 Posts
just tap it and get sum an fittings.. prob ezest and most reliabul..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts