Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, I have done quite a bit of research on this but still have a few questions. I have been running the Apexi turbo kit for almost 2 years now with no restrictor. My build is going to be complete within the next month and I want everything to be running correctly and safely. So the questions are:

1) should I get a restrictor and what size do I need since it is a ball bearing?
2) one concern is since the hole is so small, how easy would it be to clog up?
3) I'm currently using just regular mobile one but plan on switching to synthetic after the build. Will this make a difference? Cause harm to the turbo since I've been using regular oil for so long?

I'm just stuck between deciding whether or not I want to run my turbo dry or below the seals from too much oil.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
I would.... I have one on my greddy 15g turbo and its been running super strong for 15k+ miles..... I got mine from tuner toyz

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does tuner toys still carry them? I can't find them on their website. So far all my research has been to use one so I might just do that. Other suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
i shoot stuff
2,422 Posts

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
my turbonetics turbo has one built in. I would contact apexi and ask them make sure you tell them the exact turbo you have.

no it doesnt. thats called a filter. trust me, ive emailed johnny NUMEROUS times about turbonetics setups.

·
Registered
225 Posts
to answer question #2 a turbo timer is the appropriate device used to prevent your oil to seize up in that hole while cooling, most people just let their cars idle for about a minute before turning off their car it is really up to you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
after a little more research, some are saying that if you have a 3n with a good return line you should be okay How does that sound?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts